Well if that is it under the cover then it's too long for a bull pup,
    otoh that might well be a prop.

Side lever Scorpion would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well if that is it under the cover then it's too long for a bull pup,
    otoh that might well be a prop.

Side lever Scorpion would be nice
    I agree AB as a side lever Scorpion/Ultra would certainly work

Yep it could well be a prop or red herring under that cover but it looks quite high in proportion especially if it’s wearing glass which usually every AAR review is and to me it does look more compact than rifle length but could be completely wrong

I haven’t been this excited about a new gun since the early 90’s and the Theoben Rapid

Please don’t disappoint me BSA

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Just meandered onto the BSA Guns website.

Something new being unveiled in 3 days, 15 hours.

What will it be / are you hoping for?
    What would you be hoping for Tone?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    What would you be hoping for Tone?
    Well, you know me, Nick. So, a nice springer, 25mm bore or smaller, good trigger and breech bolt (if a break barrel) would do me. But, as you and a fair few others have said, guessing it'll be another variation on an existing PCP.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I could however be getting carried away with my what’s under the cover guessing game

High proportion under the cover might simply be the fact whatever it is, is simply sitting in a gun stand

I’m still on the cheaper/lighter bull pup route though as my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, you know me, Nick. So, a nice springer, 25mm bore or smaller, good trigger and breech bolt (if a break barrel) would do me. But, as you and a fair few others have said, guessing it'll be another variation on an existing PCP.
    I think I could have written your reply for you word for word Tony

Before he finally kicked BSA into touch Bowkett had developed a unique hammerless pcp to first replace the flagship R10 and eventually the rest of the range over time. Meanwhile the pcps fitted with his self regulating valve system, Ultra, Scorpion etc, would also have been given a shot in the arm with an upgrade that gave 20% more shots from the same capacity fill but at a much lower working pressure of 160 bars instead of 232.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Before he finally kicked BSA into touch Bowkett had developed a unique hammerless pcp to first replace the flagship R10 and eventually the rest of the range over time. Meanwhile the pcps fitted with his self regulating valve system, Ultra, Scorpion etc, would also have been given a shot in the arm with an upgrade that gave 20% more shots from the same capacity fill but at a much lower working pressure of 160 bars instead of 232.
    Out of interest do you know when it was that JB parted ways with BSA?

I’ve read so much info about the usual stuff where a lot of his ideas were never fully implemented or corners cut and dulled down for manufacturing etc.

Hence the blueprint he offers to make those items what they should have been.

I’m intrigued to know how long it’s been since BSA have had no input from JB.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Out of interest do you know when it was that JB parted ways with BSA?

I’ve read so much info about the usual stuff where a lot of his ideas were never fully implemented or corners cut and dulled down for manufacturing etc.

do you know when it was that JB parted ways with BSA?
    I will ask but around 2012 I think.

Thats not quite correct. The Blueprint Tune goes way beyond "what they should have been" and is more customising. He describes the work as changing the things for the better that he never agreed with and adding features that he couldnt put into and airgun that was to be mass produced

They still use his designs. BSA arrived at a settlement to carry on using them after he parted company with them.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    do you know when it was that JB parted ways with BSA?
    I will ask but around 2012 I think.

Thats not quite correct. The Blueprint Tune goes way beyond "what they should have been" and is more customising. He describes the work as changing the things for the better that he never agreed with and adding features that he couldnt put into and airgun that was to be mass produced

They still use his designs. BSA arrived at a settlement to carry on using them after he parted company with them.
    Many thanks for the reply, I’ve never experienced a blueprint JB BSA but I know friends that have had work done which are held in high regard and something I really should try one day.

I’m even more intrigued now regards the blueprint customising with features that he couldn’t put into mass produced items.

Without wishing to derail Tones thread is this something you could expand on?

I know it's unlikely as the new rifle has a pressure gauge but how cool would it be if they were launching a new and improved superstar or goldstar underlever

But in reality it's likely to be some rebadged/rehashed rubbish from gamo

I'd like to see (stop pointing and laughing from the cheap seats )
    the BSA Airsporter and it's relatives relaunched
    these were built to last and many are still around however i'd like a new one again.
    FYI baldino the true Gamo is a nice gun,have you tried one recently?
    I have a new break barrel Gamo with all the kit,it shoots very well indeed and compared to my
    other guns doesn't lack anything tbh.
    Anyhoo each to his /her own.
    Stay safe .

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    I'd like to see (stop pointing and laughing from the cheap seats )
    the BSA Airsporter and it's relatives relaunched
    these were built to last and many are still around however i'd like a new one again.
    FYI baldino the true Gamo is a nice gun,have you tried one recently?
    I have a new break barrel Gamo with all the kit,it shoots very well indeed and compared to my
    other guns doesn't lack anything tbh.
    Anyhoo each to his /her own.
    Stay safe .
    Must admit I haven't shot any of their new offerings in the last few years, my probably outdated opinions on gamo rifles are based on older models. Although most of those that I have tried were just awful. The only notable exception being the gamo Tony L had for a while, which was nice when I tried it at a boinger bash a couple of years ago, however I think he had done a fair bit of fettling on it iirc.

I would love to see an updated airsporter too BTW. That would be awesome