Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A new BSA?

Rotary breech? why not?

With a shapely sporter stock and possibly a shrouded barrel, although that's perhaps drifting a bit too close to prosport territory.

Let's keep the weight down

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I agree AB as a side lever Scorpion/Ultra would certainly work

Yep it could well be a prop or red herring under that cover but it looks quite high in proportion especially if it’s wearing glass which usually every AAR review is and to me it does look more compact than rifle length but could be completely wrong

I haven’t been this excited about a new gun since the early 90’s and the Theoben Rapid

Please don’t disappoint me BSA
    Even better if was regulated at the same time.

a new bsa

maybe finally some proper reg ?

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I would love to see an updated airsporter too BTW. That would be awesome
    Yeh ,although I always liked the Mercury that little bit more.
    These guns worked well straight out the box,and the smell of the first few shots was amazing .....Help i'm drifting down memory lane ...

Ultra in a bullpup stock maybe

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Must admit I haven't shot any of their new offerings in the last few years, my probably outdated opinions on gamo rifles are based on older models. Although most of those that I have tried were just awful. The only notable exception being the gamo Tony L had for a while, which was nice when I tried it at a boinger bash a couple of years ago, however I think he had done a fair bit of fettling on it iirc.
    Thank you for those compliments, Chris.

To be fair, the rifle needed very little. Just a tighter fitting guide. Prognosis on strip down was very positive - secure breech bolt, synthetic runner on cocking lever, lightweight and well finished 25mm piston and very good cylinder finish. Just a tiny bit of hand finishing, considered lube and Welsh Willy guide and top hat transformed it into that very refined, easy cocking full power springer you sampled. Only the trigger is a negative.

One of these with an improved trigger, fitted guides, luxury wood and a BSA badge would do me.

The only reason I no longer have it is as I acquired a Mercury S. Lack of space and good karma reasonings made me gift the Gamo to a colleague in need. I'd quite happily down the Mercury (which, personally, I feel overrated) and replace with a 25mm Gamo any day. To be fair, the latest model Meteor doesn't look a million miles off the mark, although I have never seen one in the flesh. No doubt it'll need the trigger tweaking and guide / top hat, though.
    Last edited by TonyL; 02-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Now here's an idea with all the talk up above mentioning John Bowkett and the Airsporter.

Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, you know me, Nick. So, a nice springer, 25mm bore or smaller, good trigger and breech bolt (if a break barrel) would do me. But, as you and a fair few others have said, guessing it'll be another variation on an existing PCP.
    IF it is a springer, my pessimistic/realistic grumpy prediction is that they have made another GAMO in BSA clothing.

Now here's an idea with all the talk up above mentioning John Bowkett and the Airsporter.
    A GAMO springer with the Airsporter name!!!

Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?
    I like your thinking Tone

I once owned a spitfire (bought as spares repairs) opened it up for a mooch and decided someone else can put it back together to get it working correctly

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A GAMO springer with the Airsporter name!!!
    Well, the CFX is a rather good rifle anyway. Brought a little more upmarket with more high-end stock, higher quality fittings and a re-worked trigger........could be a winner? And, I guess, relatively cheap to bring to market with reduced R&D time / cost?

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    I like your thinking Tone

I once owned a spitfire (bought as spares repairs) opened it up for a mooch and decided someone else can put it back together to get it working correctly

I reckon slightly more compact dimensions and about a pound lighter than an Airsporter should do the trick, Nick.

I remember having a go with Les Allam's Spitfire at a Bash. Lovely. I then cocked and loaded it (so as not to get rumbled) and handed it to John, blackrider, to try this "tuned Supersport". The look on his face was priceless!

I've recently parted with my Mercury as part of a clear out to fund another pcp. Mine was a smashing rifle with a super trigger which I suspect the previous owner Mark capital bee had fettled. For all its nice shooting properties the painted metalwork and school desk woodwork just fail to endear them too me. However an older airsporter with the lovely clean lines and elegant stock tick all the right boxes