Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A new BSA?

"Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?"

You have just described the BSA Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I've recently parted with my Mercury as part of a clear out to fund another pcp. Mine was a smashing rifle with a super trigger which I suspect the previous owner Mark capital bee had fettled. For all its nice shooting properties the painted metalwork and school desk woodwork just fail to endear them too me. However an older airsporter with the lovely clean lines and elegant stock tick all the right boxes
    To be fair, Chris, I don't dislike the trigger on mine. Pretty nice and crisp as I also remember the one I owned as a teenager to be. Mine's the S, with the walnut stock, barrel sleeve and Mickey Mouse breech bolt. The balance seems wrong to me and mine has to sport possibly the most bland piece of walnut ever. Firing cycle is nice and it's very smooth to cock. Just not for me.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    "Anyone remember the Spitfire PCP, which at a glance looked like a Supersport?

Well, how about a beautiful handling, slightly lighter, rotary breech Airsportery looking version, especially with a dinky short throw cocking lever under the forend?

I think it would tick lots of classic British sporter rifle needs......

Wot? Tone championing a PCP?"

You have just described the BSA Firebird
    Oops. Yes, I overlooked that.. Now, one of them brought back to life with more graceful lines would be stunning and a lovely, lightweight, usable hunter.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

An updated Spitfire? Could be interesting. I had one for a while ... the HF model. It leaked when I bought it from auction, where it was listed simply as a BSA Break barrel but the serial number gave it away. Having explored all info I could find about resealing it myself, I sent it to JB because everyone said it needed the 'man himself' to do it. It was a beautiful rifle but the apparent lack of self-service and instructions to keep using it in order to keep seals in good order put me off a bit and I eventually sold it.
    Now a 'new' easily serviced Spitfire could be different.
    I never did see the u/l version, Firebird.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    To be fair, Chris, I don't dislike the trigger on mine. Pretty nice and crisp as I also remember the one I owned as a teenager to be. Mine's the S, with the walnut stock, barrel sleeve and Mickey Mouse breech bolt. The balance seems wrong to me and mine has to sport possibly the most bland piece of walnut ever. Firing cycle is nice and it's very smooth to cock. Just not for me.
    I don't know what Mark did to the trigger on my old one but it was like a ten metre match rifle trigger. A bit light for sporting use but superb for target shooting

I have very fond memories of my Bowkett blueprinted Scorpion SE, it was such an amazing little rifle and I think for me a side lever would just complete the Scorpion & Ultra (and that pig in a blanket the R10)
    This would tempt me to buy another Scorpion and send it down to be blueprinted by the master

My money is on a side lever , semi bullpup R10 with a chassis, removable carbon bottle and the ability to adjust the power and change barrels. Not sure why no ones thought of that before 😆

Well the countdown is down to hours (14 and a half as of this post) so the answer to all our hopes and dreams* will be revealed at lunchtime (UK Time) on Friday

*Tongue planted thoroughly in cheek there

Ooh, 16 minutes to go.......The agony.

Whadya reckon, then, sidelever PCP?

I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise, as my expectations are quite low

I'm pretty much the same and keeping those expectations grounded avoids disappointment.

Not many minutes to go now; ooooooh, the suspense!

aaaand: another boring PCP. yawn.

BSA SUPERSPORT V-mach .22
    RAW hm1000x 177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

So it's a ultra with a 12shot mag.
    Don't feel so bad for buying a se in dec
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Ultra CLX

So, a safe evolution rather than "revolution", then?

To be fair, although not a PCP man, I can see it going down well with the many loyal fans and users of the Ultra. I do like the look of that breech housing and fewer components (less complexity / increased reliability) sounds nice and refreshing in this ever more complex world.