Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A new BSA?

So as fewer parts - cheaper right ? OR old ones will get sold off cheaper right ?

Oh , I am kidding, so what then - cheaper to make and price will go up lol !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

On first look there is not enough there to make me reach for my wallet. I was hoping for something along the lines of a traditional old school springer but with modern internals and a nice bit of walnut with cappings .

Anyways, AAR at 13:00 reveals all.

New BSA

Not long now?

Hmmmm ... the advertising blurb says max velocity in .177 is 700fps. Now with most medium weight pellets that comes in around 9.5? If, if, that is true I can't see that pleasing many potential buyers. Or maybe it is a typo in the advertising? But then the .22 claim comes in around 11.5. So maybe the 700 is a typo and should be 780 ish.
    Bit of a disappointment really as I thought it might be a new new model. But I guess that most new models these days simply expand on a current model. No doubt reviewers will rave about it but the published .177 velocity claims are a potential issue.
    Says he who does not own an Ultra and has never shot one so what right do I have to criticise?

Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 05-03-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    On first look there is not enough there to make me reach for my wallet. I was hoping for something along the lines of a traditional old school springer but with modern internals and a nice bit of walnut with cappings .

Anyways, AAR at 13:00 reveals all.
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Not long now?
    Er, I think the cat's out the bag, chaps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Er, I think the cat's out the bag, chaps.
    Just seen it. The new CLX!

Is it worth the wait?

If you are a ultra fan you will like it. But not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hmmmm ... the advertising blurb says max velocity in .177 is 700fps. Now with most medium weight pellets that comes in around 9.5? If, if, that is true I can't see that pleasing many potential buyers. Or maybe it is a typo in the advertising? But then the .22 claim is similar.
    Bit of a disappointment really as I thought it might be a new new model. But I guess that most new models these days simply expand on a current model. No doubt reviewers will rave about it but the published velocity claims are a potential issue.
    Says he who does not own an Ultra and has never shot one so what right do I have to criticise?

Cheers, Phil
    I wouldn't have thought that making the power will be an issue, Phil.

As far as new vs evolved goes, I suppose manufacturers have to play the safe game and even tweaking existing models will involve extensive research, development and testing. Never mind the cost.

Although not a PCP fan, I know the little Ultra has won over many fans over the years due to its "no-nonsense" and tough appeal. Seemingly very accurate, too. A couple of years ago when I was being a little flirty in my thoughts, I researched the single shot version a good while. And most of what I saw was good. Being a springer man, the simplicity and cost saving of the single shot layout appealed. One of the reasons I was half (only half) considering the PCP was that I often have weird "nervy" pain and sensations down my arms.

Then, about a year and a half ago, I was given an Air Arms S410 Carbine. Preferring single shot, I bought one of these cheap (about £7) SMW single shot loaders for it. In all that time I put one mag through it when I was first given it. Five shots a few days later to try out the single shot tray. And about 20 shots last May. So, a good job I was given this for free and that I'd not invested in one.

However, if I was in the market for a hunting PCP, the little Ultra would be on my shopping list.

Now, where's that new Armoury Road Boinger?
    Last edited by TonyL; 05-03-2021 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Missing word "later"
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    If you are a ultra fan you will like it.
    I am but I don't

Nice enough, but it's only a not very improved Ultra, certainly not worth the hype AAR gave it.

I quite like this new Ultra

Some interesting things to note.

Only shares three parts from its predecessor.

*Trigger Guard
    *Bolt
    *Barrel

Everything else is new 🤔

The Block defiantly looks better can’t wait to pick one up for a ganders sometime.

Quite like the safety setup and the thumb up ‘rest’ position.

The new Mags look very good nice indicator and the anti double load certainly a positive.

Nice touch with the three way adjustable trigger.

Overall I think it’s a positive move especially with the new chassis/block would like to see one out the stock.

My only disappointment was it’s not a side lever but meh at least it is something new

'160 years in the making' says it all.

R30Jeff is offline Not Smarter Than The Average Bear
    Looks tidy, but nah, it looks too tiny for me

Be interesting to see overtime if there is anything inside that’s still JB influenced from years ago or if it really is completely new components inside the new block 🤔

Self regulating sounds familiar 🤔

Who’s going to buy one first and strip it?

Nicely volunteered, Nick.