Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: pcp pump for under a fiver!!

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    You clearly never brought that from Del & Rodney or you would have got a self inflatting one , the Trotters sell no rubbish lol

Sorry i just had to
    Plonker !
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Plonker !
    LOL hey Del what are you doing on here and how the hell did you know it was me i never used the name dave or rodney .

Ona more serious note about these pumps you guys do relies if they all last a month or 2 then break we are going to have a huge pile of chines scrap metal in the uk , and we throught we were sending the chinese all our rubbish lol funny how they package it in a shiney case and send it back lol .

Good luck all and stay safe

Thanks for the heads up Logun-ator. Mine arrived within 4 days of ordering delivered by Hermès. One of the £4.99 ones and the build quality is remarkably good. Cannae understand how they do it for the price!🤫

I can see us all being stood in the dock at the same time - "In receipt of stolen property your honour!"
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Logun-ator. Mine arrived within 4 days of ordering delivered by Hermès. One of the £4.99 ones and the build quality is remarkably good. Cannae understand how they do it for the price!🤫
    I doubt it's rocket science. Maybe some manufacturers nearer home should learn some lessons?
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

I read somewhere the Chinese state subsidises postage for a lot of companies, which is probably why our homes are full of their stuff.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I don't think all our pumps have been individually sent from China direct, they have been sat in a Amazon warehouse for ages waiting for the right time to be sold, I bought something direct from China once and it took weeks to be delivered.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    I got the one for just under £15 with the filter. Good solid pump in all fairness. Weighs more than i thought it would.
    I got the one for nearly a fiver and my surprise was the opposite. I was expecting a package the size and weight of the Hill's but it was half the size and not even 2kg in weight - the label read as 1.8kg.

Light and cheap in a bargain package. Amazing, really.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I don't think all our pumps have been individually sent from China direct, they have been sat in a Amazon warehouse for ages waiting for the right time to be sold, I bought something direct from China once and it took weeks to be delivered.

Pete
    yes, no way it'd take 2-3 days !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    Cannae understand how they do it for the price!🤫
    The pumps are 'Trojan Horses' with secret chips inside the handles sending information back. But you will be okay if you wrap the handles with tin-foil to block the signals.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Red face

Hi all

I was wondering if they were so cheap because, As said above, Maybe they are Trojan horses, The water jacket may be full of new viruses and when they reach 200bar the seal goes and fills the room with a newer deadlier virus!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Mayerone View Post
    I got the one for nearly a fiver and my surprise was the opposite. I was expecting a package the size and weight of the Hill's but it was half the size and not even 2kg in weight - the label read as 1.8kg.

Light and cheap in a bargain package. Amazing, really.
    I've never seen a Hills in the flesh, so can't compare the two.

Mine is 2.5kg

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    I've never seen a Hills in the flesh, so can't compare the two.

Mine is 2.5kg
    Currently, I'm fighting a somewhat stupid urge to also buy one of the £14-odd pound ones. Why on earth would I need a third pump to add to the existing two, a bottle and doubtless a compressor in about six months time?

Mine says water cooling hand pump, someone just tried these on another forum and is well happy with it, I'm gonna try mine now, If I loose an eye I may be looking for another stock, Wish me luck.

That was quick, Hey I just grabbed a 200 cc bottle which I had here to try this pump, Put the buddy bottle on my dive tank and was showing 80 bar, Next I connected to the foot pump and then after a few pumps it was half way up the green on the gage of the pump , I'm thinking to pump it and fill to just under the red, Started half way up the green on the gage which I put down to the 80 bar that was left in it, Anyway I'm away pumping and not really that long it becomes hardish to pump, I can feel the pump getting warm but still kept pumping, Anyway i checked the gage and it's about 2 3rds of the way up the green , Keeps on pumping and yes it's getting a little harder , Anyway just about the top end of the green I thought I'll give it a try, Disconnects then attaches to my dive tank, Wow just over 180 bar, Anyway I ain't read the instructions of the pump but just checked now and the top of the green is 20 MPa , I was just under , Could that be 200 bar, Just under was where I pumped and was showing 180 on my tank, I've had webley, rws , hills and other pumps, This is the best I've used, Plus I still have my eyes and limbs, This has surprised me, Please try and give your thoughts,

20 Megapascals is 200 bar, just looked it up , The pump works amazing,
    Last edited by madcarlos; 11-03-2021 at 09:14 AM.