Thread: Hatsan 35S

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Hatsan 35S

Anyone had any experience good or bad, with this rifle please ?

TIA - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Sorry, just checked with son in law - it wasn't a 35S!
    Senior moment...
    Last edited by laverdabru; 03-03-2021 at 02:50 PM. Reason: senior moment!
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I remember considering one of these a couple of years ago but could not find anyone selling them at the time. Are they now being sold in the UK? If so where?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Sorry, I don't think I've ever seen one, Jon.

My entire Hatsan experiences book down to a couple of tries with a Sniper (I think) and the 55S/60S. And I haven't ever worked on one.

However, my view based on limited personal experience would be that the vast majority of Hatsan and Kral guns are very good, solid, honest rifles representing excellent value and I'd certainly consider adding to the collection fron either of these makes. Both makers seem quite adventurous too and offer a massive array of different models, styles, powerplant etc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry, I don't think I've ever seen one, Jon.

My entire Hatsan experiences book down to a couple of tries with a Sniper (I think) and the 55S/60S. And I haven't ever worked on one.

However, my view based on limited personal experience would be that the vast majority of Hatsan and Kral guns are very good, solid, honest rifles representing excellent value and I'd certainly consider adding to the collection fron either of these makes. Both makers seem quite adventurous too and offer a massive array of different models, styles, powerplant etc.
    I've worked on a handful of Hatsan springers, and while I like them better than Gamos, they are a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I remember considering one of these a couple of years ago but could not find anyone selling them at the time. Are they now being sold in the UK? If so where?
    Rich.
    The one I was looking at was a few miles away from the Uk

Seemed solidly put together, but I didn't have time to try it out, and wanted to do some research first anyways.

Looks like a mid power HW99/95 esque offering...

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    I've worked on a handful of Hatsan springers, and while I like them better than Gamos, they are a bit rough.
    yeah, I'm kinda expecting that, but hoping it would just need a properly fitting top hat and guide and a bit of a polish - no major re-engineering.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Jon, just been looking on the Hatsan site. Quattro trigger's certainly a plus. They're stating "650 fps with lead pellets", so power output low to medium? Maybe more of a 30S contender as standard (although if architecture allows, I'm sure JB could coax a little more oomph if desired?). And that stock design reminds me a little of the old Beeman C1.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And that stock design reminds me a little of the old Beeman C1.
    If I ever get one I think I will nail on a block of wood for a pistol grip

https://www.riflemanfirearms.com/pro...mod-35s/10021/

Look quirky/ interesting. At 90 quid, I'd give one a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post

Look quirky/ interesting. At 90 quid, I'd give one a home.
    muzzle energy 12 fp on that link. I might give it a try. It's only for medium range backyard plinking, as I have my PE for anything longer, but that a bit OTT for plinking (weight and power).

If this is reasonable in terms of trigger, accuracy and shot cycle, I might go for it. The stock on the one I saw looked like it had more of a pistol grip. There was also a black synthetic (or wood coated ?) stock version.

As Tony says, an HW30S would be ideal, but not available here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    If this is reasonable in terms of trigger, accuracy and shot cycle, I might go for it. The stock on the one I saw looked like it had more of a pistol grip. There was also a black synthetic (or wood coated ?) stock version.
    I think the pistol gripped synthetic stock version is the mod 33? If you are happy to, please PM details of where you are thinking of ordering from as you have awakened the interest I had in one a couple of years back. An itch I need to scratch!
    Cheers Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    muzzle energy 12 fp on that link. I might give it a try. It's only for medium range backyard plinking, as I have my PE for anything longer, but that a bit OTT for plinking (weight and power).

As Tony says, an HW30S would be ideal, but not available here.
    If you can get decent accuracy and +/- 10 fpe without major rebuilding of the gun, I'd be tempted to get one.
    I did some work on dads M70, and the gun is just built for too much power to be an interesting alternative.

If I ever get one I think I will nail on a block of wood for a pistol grip
    I think the pistol gripped synthetic stock version is the mod 33? If you are happy to, please PM details of where you are thinking of ordering from as you have awakened the interest I had in one a couple of years back. An itch I need to scratch!
    Cheers Rich.
    Leave the hammer and nails in the drawer you little tinker(er)!

Jon is currently residing away from the UK, I believe. So maybe a search on the 'net or via the importers may bear fruit?

Maybe a trip to glastonbury then 😉

Maybe a trip to glastonbury then 😉
    yup..