I have been too busy for shooting this week with work-work and work on the house, but this morning I escaped before anyone realised what I was up to: "I made you a bacon sandwich and here's a cup of tea. I'm off to gun club, the work phone is on the dresser..."

Sounds of doors slamming and screeching tyres.

I don't know if news of my poubelle exploration has spread, but in the running boar stand there was a neat bundle of 9mm shells on the edge of the bench next to the bin. Lovely.

I still found more in the bin, under the benches and along the front of the stand.

I bought a new gun last Friday, a lovely Bettinsoli extra light o/u m/c in 12g. It wasn't long before the words "rifled choke" and "paradox" floated across my ipad screen. Oh Lordy! I need those!

Further research found the Svarog slug mould, a little later I found the diablo set with five weight options for about £40. I ordered it from Russia Sunday night, it arrived yesterday. Proper impressed I am.

Last night I was idly looking around the pan drawer for something suitable for melting lead when Mrs Bum caught me red handed. "Not on your Nelly!" Was the gist of the next few minutes tutorial on correct and appropriate adult behaviour. She insisted I buy a Lee Production 4 lead melter. Who am I to argue!?

Anyway, that's all stuff for the future as it will be next week before the melter arrives, but today I had had more weighty thoughts. Lead!

Our running boar stand has a dead impressive set of knock downs at 25m with louvered shutters at the back to funnel all the lead into hoppers underneath (See it here) Once I was out of the brass bin I was in there with a box to fill.

I should've brought a bigger box, 3.5kg is all it could hold, and that was just a couple of scoops from the top of one hopper. I later went down to the sandpit at the bottom of the range to stand some cans up and found many, many 12g slugs littering the bank. I will return next week with a trailer......

So, next week I will be making some very big RWS Hobby pellets to try. I intend to just pop them into 2 1/2" shells I've emptied the shot out of (it was steel shot) and have at it.

Any advice from melters or moulders welcome.