Thread: More bin-diving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bin diving

Hi.

Its nice to get free lead for the melting pot. I was wondering what the other range users think, some might get a bit narky if they are not getting a share.
    I'm interested to know how to overcome the dripping from my Melter. It seems to build up some strange stuff around the hole and stop it from sealing.
    I thought everything would have floated to the top as slag. I know your not meant to let it get to empty. I had quite a job getting the crud off it to get it working/sealing again. I use the flux purchased from Brownells you do not need much per melt.

James

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
    Hi.

Its nice to get free lead for the melting pot. I was wondering what the other range users think, some might get a bit narky if they are not getting a share.

James

Hi James, reloading isn't a "thing" here, a few do it to a certain degree, but Johnny Frog generally cannot be arsed!
    This is why I am amassing quite a collection of brass for which I just need the corresponding guns.

I had an email from le pres de la club yesterday asking if anyone wanted green sheets (prefectural permissions for cat b weapons) so I asked for one for an AR15, one for an AK and one for a PPK plus a couple of spares just in case. That takes me up to eight which is the recognised number of cat b's you can have before Les Rozzers want to come and check you have a safe. I have one each for long guns, pistols and ammo and comply and all that, but I want to wait til I have my secure armoury completed before I get them around for a beer and a nosey.