Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Supersport head scratcher

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

It's the same size as the thread for the front sight if that helps.
    I have a trio of Superstars and the sights are held on with M3.5 screws. Try taking a fixing screw out of a 240v 3 pin socket face or a lightswitch and see if that fits.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    I have a trio of Superstars and the sights are held on with M3.5 screws. Try taking a fixing screw out of a 240v 3 pin socket face or a lightswitch and see if that fits.
    Are you sure they are M3.5? I have always thought they were 4BA? But M3.5 is very close in size to 4BA, so that may be the correct size.

Size wise 3BA is close, but the BA thread is way too fine,
    nothing on my metric thread gauge was an exact match, 0.5 & 0.6 were close but the angle isn't quite right, which is why I guess 1/8 unf.

Edit; I stand corrected under a magnifying glass it is indeed 4BA, but the thread is still too fine to fit my Supersport
    Last edited by angrybear; 09-03-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Are you sure they are M3.5? I have always thought they were 4BA? But M3.5 is very close in size to 4BA, so that may be the correct size.

Your thoughts are correct sir! 4ba is a much better fit than M3.5. I've always used 4ba on Webley Hurricane sights and have just tried a Tracker and that is the same as are my Superstars and a couple of meteors.

4ba does seem a common size on classic British airguns