Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weihrauch HW80 info

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    I've got a Mk1 80 in bits in front of me right now. I got it years ago as a restoration project as it wasn't in the best condition externally. It's been in my parents attic untouched for the last 6 years, just brought it back down as im back into shooting again. Lot of work to be done but looking forward to it. Need to find out how to put it back together as i've forgot lol.
    They're really straightforward to work on.. If there was anything you could stuck with, just shout up and the friendly, helpful BBS Springer Collective are on hand for assistance.

Be sure to undertake any work with access to a chrono as it's very easy to run them too close to / over the limit.

Enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    They're really straightforward to work on.. If there was anything you could stuck with, just shout up and the friendly, helpful BBS Springer Collective are on hand for assistance.

Be sure to undertake any work with access to a chrono as it's very easy to run them too close to / over the limit.

Enjoy.
    I have a Chrono, so no worries there. I've stripped, tuned and reassembled a few HW's over the years. Its just been a while. Really its just how to put the safety catch/trigger unit back properly i need a refresher on. This was made in 1981/82, it was a bit battered, but mechanically sound. Needs a full restoration though. I've sanded the stock down and it needs refinishing now. It will need a full reblue and theres a silencer adaptor thing on the end of the barrel which i cant get off. I want it back in original shape with open sights so it needs to come off. I considered getting a new barrel for it, but then it wouldn't be an original mk1. I've already turned a tuning kit for it and have a new titan spring.

Were the original springs square in the cross section? as the one that it had fitted is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    I have a Chrono, so no worries there. I've stripped, tuned and reassembled a few HW's over the years. Its just been a while. Really its just how to put the safety catch/trigger unit back properly i need a refresher on. This was made in 1981/82, it was a bit battered, but mechanically sound. Needs a full restoration though. I've sanded the stock down and it needs refinishing now. It will need a full reblue and theres a silencer adaptor thing on the end of the barrel which i cant get off. I want it back in original shape with open sights so it needs to come off. I considered getting a new barrel for it, but then it wouldn't be an original mk1. I've already turned a tuning kit for it and have a new titan spring.

Were the original springs square in the cross section? as the one that it had fitted is like that.
    I'll be of no use to you on the restoration side of things, but many of the lovely forum collective will be. There will be a few very useful threads to search out on the subject, too.

Trigger unit......I'd give it a good flushing out with a decreasing agent and then re-lube with machine / gun oil. On refitting, cock the unit by pressing the top sear downwards until it clicks into the cocked position. Insert the safety spring and safety catch. Then the cocked unit. Refit the two trigger unit securing pins. Then squeeze the trigger to release it.

If it were me, at that age I'd be replacing the breech seal, piston seal and barrel shims.

As far as I'm aware Weihrauch never fitted square section springs to the 80. They did to the 77/97, apparently, at some point. If you have the Titan spring designated for the 80, it will most definitely require shortening to keep the power down.

Hope this helps a little.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!