Thread: Weihrauch HW80 info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Errol Guest
    How do they stand up accuracy wise against the other Weihrauchs?

Hw80

Ok maybe not in the same class as it fixed barrel siblings but still up there. It won it's fair share of competitions back in the early 80s. I've owned over 100 in 40 years. Yes I like them. Mach 1.5

Errol Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Ok maybe not in the same class as it fixed barrel siblings but still up there. It won it's fair share of competitions back in the early 80s. I've owned over 100 in 40 years. Yes I like them. Mach 1.5
    100 in 40 years Mach 1.5. You need therapy lol. Always preferred the mk 1. Never owned either. I'm will do now

Had all the Weihrauch springers over the years most accurate for me out of the box was the 99s

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    Excellent, and more accurate than just about 100% of the people that shoot them as the weak link is the shooter, just make the gun fit you with an adjustable butt pad and ideally an adjustable cheek piece as well although getting the right size scope mounts will sort of sort that out. Add a set back trigger for extra luxury and bingo, unless you already have fingers like extra terrestrial of course, in which course...you won’t need the set back trigger...

Well they have the same barrels
    Except when they used to buy in the 20 cals a while back
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Not all 80's are the same, there have been a fair few changes over the years, here are some of them

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Not all 80's are the same, there have been a fair few changes over the years, here are some of them

Hi there, would you say the changes made are good/bad/indifferent, also would you agree with some people who say the modern weihrauchs are not as well made as the they were, just a few general question for all the Weihrauch lovers out there...

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Hi there, would you say the changes made are good/bad/indifferent, also would you agree with some people who say the modern weihrauchs are not as well made as the they were, just a few general question for all the Weihrauch lovers out there...
    I have wondered about the barrel retaining catch come forward stock screw mount with it's spring clip to stop the cocking link rattling but I doubt many on here have had the pleasure of owning the lastest spec model, unless that happens to be Mach 1.5 with his self confessed 100 + Hw80's wtf
    Hw77+7

I really fancy one.

Even though I am a big fan of my numerous very dainty, but nevertheless mighty, 30 ess's it seems that I should not meet my maker without owning an 80.

Hw80

The older ones do seem to be made of better steel but to be honest they are still one of best break barrel air rifles made to this day. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    I wouldn't want the new version I'd go for one at least 15 or 20 years old and fettle in back to as bought or near as.

The late great and sadly missed (no pun) Mr J Darling did ok with the HW80.