Well I think the new BSA springer was worth the wait, even the style is great, keeping the swoopy back block just like the original.. though with a a 22mm piston & long stroke it won’t be so hard to change the spring on. I think the main thing people will be curious about is the sprung collar breech system that locks the cylinder and barrel together as solidly as a fixed-barrel, something they’ve managed to make very discrete and also paying tribute to the early Airsporter with its concentric barrel. Active trigger mechanism borrowing a little from the Rekord but wider and shallower which helps with those sleek lines. There’s a 28mm piston version for the US market and of course the heavy bull barrel reminiscent of the old ‘S’ series. I think they’re on to a winner, and Minnelli have done a great job of providing timber with a high comb and decent figuring. Add to that the easily detachable metal aperture sight and tunnel foresight I think it’s something traditionalists and moderns can both enjoy and appreciate. Well done BSA!