Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New BSA Mercury Millenium

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

New BSA Mercury Millenium

Well I think the new BSA springer was worth the wait, even the style is great, keeping the swoopy back block just like the original.. though with a a 22mm piston & long stroke it won’t be so hard to change the spring on. I think the main thing people will be curious about is the sprung collar breech system that locks the cylinder and barrel together as solidly as a fixed-barrel, something they’ve managed to make very discrete and also paying tribute to the early Airsporter with its concentric barrel. Active trigger mechanism borrowing a little from the Rekord but wider and shallower which helps with those sleek lines. There’s a 28mm piston version for the US market and of course the heavy bull barrel reminiscent of the old ‘S’ series. I think they’re on to a winner, and Minnelli have done a great job of providing timber with a high comb and decent figuring. Add to that the easily detachable metal aperture sight and tunnel foresight I think it’s something traditionalists and moderns can both enjoy and appreciate. Well done BSA!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Well I think the new BSA springer was worth the wait, even the style is great, keeping the swoopy back block just like the original.. though with a a 22mm piston & long stroke it won’t be so hard to change the spring on. I think the main thing people will be curious about is the sprung collar breech system that locks the cylinder and barrel together as solidly as a fixed-barrel, something they’ve managed to make very discrete and also paying tribute to the early Airsporter with its concentric barrel. Active trigger mechanism borrowing a little from the Rekord but wider and shallower which helps with those sleek lines. There’s a 28mm piston version for the US market and of course the heavy bull barrel reminiscent of the old ‘S’ series. I think they’re on to a winner, and Minnelli have done a great job of providing timber with a high comb and decent figuring. Add to that the easily detachable metal aperture sight and tunnel foresight I think it’s something traditionalists and moderns can both enjoy and appreciate. Well done BSA!
    Has April arrived early?.
    Or is it more like wishful thinking ldwink.
    It would be great if bsa produced something along the lines that you have mentioned.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Has April arrived early?.
    Or is it more like wishful thinking ldwink.
    Nope; I just think Alistair hit the sauce too early.. No other explanation for dreaming this minger up!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nope; I just think Alistair hit the sauce too early.. No other explanation for dreaming this minger up!
    I'm not biting

I recon he's a little upset with the new BSA offering being a PCP and it being over £250 as Alistair doesn't like to buy anything over that price

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Yep, I can understand the poor lad's disappointment, Pete. Let's hope they do the right thing and give us a nice new springer soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I was starting to get excited when I read Alistair's initial post....if only

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I only spent ten minutes or so on Google looking for it before I realised I had been hoodwinked

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I was starting to get excited when I read Alistair's initial post....if only
    I had to read through the whole thread
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    i knew it was a wind up when I got to "22mm"..

having said which (ignoring the barel lock mech) it would be nice. You forget to mention a breech bolt and keeper screw though Al.. that "innovation" passed BSA by (well it didn't, but they went backwards)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yep, I can understand the poor lad's disappointment, Pete. Let's hope they do the right thing and give us a nice new springer soon.
    Yes it would be nice, especially if it's an improved Mercury

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Does anyone remember when Mick put a chinese breakbarrel into a Meteor stock???
    Cant find it anymore?
    That gun is close to what I was hoping BSA would give us!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    i knew it was a wind up when I got to "22mm"..

having said which (ignoring the barel lock mech) it would be nice. You forget to mention a breech bolt and keeper screw though Al.. that "innovation" passed BSA by (well it didn't, but they went backwards)
    Of course it would have the bolt rather than a pin .. like my Mk IV.

The rotating cam-action collar lock for the breech is the best bit! Chisels and other doorlatch knackers are soooo 20th century...

It would be so much prettier than BSA's latest airgun. It may be a fine performer but it sure is ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Yes it would be nice, especially if it's an improved Mercury

Pete
    And all they have to do, as mentioned on another thread recently, is tweak and up-spec the existing 25mm Gamo platform, Pete.

And all they have to do, as mentioned on another thread recently, is tweak and up-spec the existing 25mm Gamo platform, Pete.
    They'd have to alter the rear end to accommodate the Mercury style trigger block (with the later Airsporter RB2 two bolt fixing) and copy the Challenger stock in walnut with the later Mercury pointy style front end to the stock (or even some Prosport style flutes), keep it graceful with elegant flowing lines and absolutely no maxigrip scope rail or higher end block like what's on the Challenger.

I'd buy it.

Pete