Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumpers

I've not heard of that one, have you tried asking in the collectors area?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Can anyone identify a pumper rifle that was around in the 60s, I saw it in it's box and it was a 'Pelican'. My friend's older brother owned it.

As young-'uns I remember us playing on the waste ground opposite his house. I remeber a whizz-pop sound a few times. After a while Andrew heard it too. Eventually I worked out what this sound was.

Andrew sort of inherited it after a few years and was similarly disrespectful of it. All the same it was an impressive piece of kit and I still wonder what it actually was.

Does anyone remember any details of a 'Pelican' pumper?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Can anyone identify a pumper rifle that was around in the 60s, I saw it in it's box and it was a 'Pelican'. My friend's older brother owned it.

As young-'uns I remember us playing on the waste ground opposite his house. I remeber a whizz-pop sound a few times. After a while Andrew heard it too. Eventually I worked out what this sound was.

Andrew sort of inherited it after a few years and was similarly disrespectful of it. All the same it was an impressive piece of kit and I still wonder what it actually was.

Does anyone remember any details of a 'Pelican' pumper?
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    I've not heard of that one, have you tried asking in the collectors area?
    Never heard of that.

The main non-US “vintage” pumpers were the Japanese ones of which the Sharp was the best known. I can’t be sure without checking references in the library/VAG, but I think similar things were also at times made in S America and SE Asia and the Philippines. But the chances of any of those getting to the U.K. in the 60s seem pretty slight.

Was your friend’s dad perhaps posted somewhere exotic in military or other foreign service?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

I used to hunt with a Setra in the early 1980s and still have it along with a few other multipumps I've picked up along the way, including, Bluestreak, Silverstreak, 3 Crosman 140s, Titan Mohawk single stroke, Titan Mohawk 2 stroke, Daystate Sportsman MK 2, 2 Crosman 1300s, about 12 Crosman 1322/77s and a Chinese multipump thingy.
    Oh, I just realised I forgot three single stroke guns --- Parker Hale Dragon, Feinwerkbau 600 and 602.