Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW95 and 80

I still have 2 HW80s in .177 and .22 and have been reducing my .22 collection as I prefer to use .177.

I have had no problems with my HW95's as both flavours in that rifle shoot beautifully. I did get rid of my .20 as it just didn't do anything for me.

I have never really gelled with my .177 HW80. I have read that a lots of people prefer the .22 to shoot.
    I plan on doing some work on both of them once the range eventually opens again to see if I can make mine work, to give me the buzz of shooting them like I have with my others.

I often hear people say they regret getting rid off them, they are their favourite rifles, and I keep thinking I am seriously
    missing something here, as they certainly are not mine.

I was thinking of putting Vortek kits in both, but then I thought £200 is a lot to spend then find out I still don't like them.

What recommendations can you guys give me that will make me enjoy using them without spending a fortune. I think I have a TbT short stroke in the .177.

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Ade, look up wonkydonky's excellent thread on his short stroking story of the '80, entitled, "Taming the HW80 my way", I think.

A classic, must read thread. Don't sell the 80. Have a read of this, take what you can from it, perform and enjoy. I've tried a few stroked 80s and they're transformed and lovely. Wonky's was absolutely divine
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Ade, wonky's excellent thread revived yet again and on page one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ade, look up wonkydonky's excellent thread on his short stroking story of the '80, entitled, "Taming the HW80 my way", I think.

A classic, must read thread. Don't sell the 80. Have a read of this, take what you can from it, perform and enjoy. I've tried a few stroked 80s and they're transformed and lovely. Wonky's was absolutely divine
    Thanks Tony I will check that out.
    Many thanks,

Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP