Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1377 backpacker clone

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    keeping a standard one stops you from having a mad moment and selling one you've spent so many hours on. It takes a while to get them just how you like.
    Both my backpacker and its clone one are just fun plinking toys to be fair. But they are fun to use for short plinking sessions

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    good work. I really like the crosman steel breech too. Did you get the hidden screw version (screw sits under the bolt so as not to interupt pellet feed) ?

On power - it should be just as good. Does your valve have any nasty bleed holes ? You replaced the TP with some tube that actually seals I assume ?

I'm making an alli end plug/barrel band for mine when I get home, and switching it back to .177. I figure for plinking fps-per-pump will be better in .177 so I can get away with 4 pumps Power not really a consideration.

Rgds,
    JB
    This may help... http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ow-to-fix-them

How do you remove the valve on these guns anyway? Do tbey come out front end or out the rear? What do you have to remove to get the valve out?

They come out the front because there's a raised lip inside the tube preventing the valve moving backwards under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    How do you remove the valve on these guns anyway? Do tbey come out front end or out the rear? What do you have to remove to get the valve out?

Have my new type one i took off you can have if you want it tony. Chris
    Blimey!. Are you sure? If it's a straight fit then that's be a "yes, please" and thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

the new p3 model ones are a bit finger nippy and not as nice as the earlier ones i find
    ideally you want to get a backpacker one but hens teeth even in the US
    the walnut ones Gmac sold were nice but did need extra clearance at the front and imo they look nice with a tootsie style pump grip

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Blimey!. Are you sure? If it's a straight fit then that's be a "yes, please" and thank you.
    If it fits do you fancy swapping it for the one you have? Let me have your addy details and i will post it to you. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the new p3 model ones are a bit finger nippy and not as nice as the earlier ones i find.
    If it fits do you fancy swapping it for the one you have? Let me have your addy details and i will post it to you. Chris
    Ah, on second thoughts.......Like ped says, my standard 1377 is the later, all black one. Looks lovely but it IS more "finger nippy" and more care is required. So, sorry to mess about Chris, and thank you for your fine and generous gesture, but maybe I'll leave as is for now.. Thank you, my friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!