Thread: Primos trigger stick generation 3

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?

Primos trigger stick generation 3

Just got got one of these after reading a couple of reviews.
    Why didn’t I buy one of these years ago!
    While they are quite expensive (£139) but take shooting to a different level, it’s completely a completely adjustable tripod and can be set from about 18 inches high to about 5’6”.with a V rest for rifle or has an adapter to mount a camera or other optics.
    It has a trigger to drop and lock the legs almost silently and it’s a platform for rock steady shooting, so far I’ve only used it for a PCP rifle so can’t comment on what it’s like for a springer.
    Thoroughly recommended.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    Just got got one of these after reading a couple of reviews.
    Why didn’t I buy one of these years ago!
    While they are quite expensive (£139) but take shooting to a different level, it’s completely a completely adjustable tripod and can be set from about 18 inches high to about 5’6”.with a V rest for rifle or has an adapter to mount a camera or other optics.
    It has a trigger to drop and lock the legs almost silently and it’s a platform for rock steady shooting, so far I’ve only used it for a PCP rifle so can’t comment on what it’s like for a springer.
    Thoroughly recommended.
    Yup, I agree. I do nearly all my foxing with my 223 from a track or footpath with either a drystane dyke or stockfence to lean on.

After a few occasions when I was trying to go through brambles or undergrowth to get the shot, I decided to invest in a set of these.

Even on rough terrain, a quick adjustment on one of the legs with your foot gives you a steady rest to shoot from.

As you say, they are not cheap buy there are spare parts available and good resale value should you decide to move them on.

I got a Primos 3 as a birthday gift over a year ago , and I wouldn't be without it . Whether Foxing, bunnies, or squirrels . Its superb with air rifles or Rimfires.

Top notch bit of kit, and worth the price.
    Peace through superior fire power!

I find them good for my air rifle especially for my impact as the impact doesn't sit nicely on my viperflex sticks

Primos trigger sticks gen3

I had a set bought for my birthday 16 Feb. Best present for years. Arthritis is now affecting my shooting. Heavy airguns are really painful to use standing, not with these. My set has the V yoke and the cradle so the best of both worlds really. I can sit on a low-ish seat with the legs set in the wide position or stand upright, no problem. In a hide I will sit with the but of my rifle on my knee and the fore end on the V yoke. When a target appears it will be just a case of raising the butt to my shoulder. Minimum movement to scare quarry and weight on sticks. Can`t wait to use them. Really recommend them, brilliant. Regards Ken.

Yep, I also got a set for a birthday present and wouldn't be without them now.
    Mine mostly get used for ratting in and around barns. Now I can place the shots rather than just aiming to hit!
    I have heard that they aren't particularly robust though. No problem in ~ 14 months of regular use but time will tell.

I have one and use it with my air rifle, .22lr and .243, great bit of kit. I did have the cradle but could not get on with it and never thought it was stable enough with weight of a rifle and night vision kit. I spray the legs regularly with silicone spray and check the tightness of the grub screws after every use.

Primos trigger stick gen 3 is a good bit of kit. Initially it feels very lightweight but is actually very stable and quick to adjust, also much cheaper than the £300+ tripods that it competes with. Recommend it.

I have used them since they came out, a great piece of gear,
    never shoot with out them.!!
    atb brian

Well I previously had a gen 2 bipod & sold it, got a cheap gen 2 tripod that was sticking, stripped & fixed it & sold that on, working my way up to a Gen3 tripod which arrived a few days ago.

I have the V yoke, a 2 point cradle & a spare adaptor which is now on my chrono so it can serve several uses.
    I've used the yoke to zero a Rapid which I found OK-ish,
    The 2 point cradle I did use the other night to hold the rifle while I scanned with a thermal & I tried to use it to take the shot but found it useless, no stability at all, so I ended up turning it side on & resting my hand in the middle which was reasonably stable.
    Today I took it up to my range to check zero on my WSM rimfire, and thoroughly wish I hadn't bothered, the yoke is a much shallower/wider V than the mk2 yoke & was completely useless with the rimfire, I barely managed to get it stable enough to shoot sitting at 50yds, tried at 100 & could hardly hold the ret on a 3" target.

Seldom Have I been so unimpressed by such an over hyped item, I shall be going back to my 4-stable quad sticks which have these things beaten hands down.

Unfortunately because they've been opened & used, I don't think I can return them, but if I can I will.

No doubt about it. These are very good. But when the legs start slipping. Their a pain in the ass.

Just sent mine back, only seemed good for standing shots, which I don't generally take.