Thread: Odd Fill Valve Problem.

Odd Fill Valve Problem.

A while back I went to fill my kral which has a Lane external reg fitted and when I came to dump the pressure in the line it just kept dumping the air content in the gun so obviously the one way Foster fitting was stuck, so quick check and rebuild and all is fine again until the next time and the same happens again so thinking that it's the fitting that's the problem I order a new one from best fitting and that goes on and the next fill time it does exactly the same thing.

So another rebuild and its fine until just now when I fill it and its stuck again so had another look and all looks good, so I stretch the spring (not that it will make much odds) and a bit of silicone lube like before and back on again, and it fills fine but I am getting fed up with dumping a 500cc tank of air every time this happens and I really can see a reason for it so wondering if anyone else has had similar and what the problem was?
    Last edited by Tricky-Ricky; 08-03-2021 at 01:18 PM.

I would guess that it's the fill valve. Having changed the the seals you would expect it to be OK.
    Some valves have two orings, one to back up the first.
    Is the valve damaged when you take it out?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

i had a new aselkon (turkish like kral), it did exactly the same thing from new . i sent it back for a refund. others have had the same problem.!.

No damage to either valve the first was the one supplied on the Lane reg and the replacement from Best Fittings just can't come up with a reason for the sticking open as logically it shoud just seal as s soon as the pressure in the line reduced lower than the gun cylinder pressure....strange and anoying one.

Hello I had the same problem but it was my fault, I was trying to be 'kind' to the gauge and was releasing the pressure slowly, too slowly. The pressure needed to be released fast and that was the answer, it 'snapped' the valve closed, whether this is your problem I know not.
    I hope that may be of help.
    All the best.
    Geoff.