Thread: Hw98 laminate

Hw98 laminate

Does anyone know what the limited number is for these rifles? Read somewhere that there's possibly only 200 being done? Is that the case?

There are 200 in total. 175 in .177 and 25 in .22

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta303 View Post
    There are 200 in total. 175 in .177 and 25 in .22
    What the gent here says!!

Are there any markings on them to indicate which number of the series they are? I had a quick look over but the only thing I found was chalked on the surfaces of the stock and cheekpiece where they meet, didnt seem them until the cheekpiece was raised. Assume that was so they didnt mix up the items during assembly and end up with mismatched laminates.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by charliemow13 View Post
    Are there any markings on them to indicate which number of the series they are? I had a quick look over but the only thing I found was chalked on the surfaces of the stock and cheekpiece where they meet, didnt seem them until the cheekpiece was raised. Assume that was so they didnt mix up the items during assembly and end up with mismatched laminates.
    The numbers scratched into the laminate on the underside of the cheek piece and the stock are as far as I’m aware so they don’t get pieces mixed up during production, they are the only place you’ll find any indicator of the guns number, and I think it’s safe to assume that as there are only 200 in production they simply numbered each stock in chronological order, without intending to or realising that they were actually serialising the guns.

I personally think it’s a shame Weihrauch don’t put a little more effort into making these limited runs just that bit more special. A small traffolyte or metal tab would be inexpensive but neat and professional in appearance, it appears penny pinching is the order of the day.

All that said, it’s a very nice rifle that handles brilliantly, the front heavy feel of old having been somewhat addressed by replacing a big chunk of the barrel with a lighter silencer, much better now than older models.

Maybe they should have done something like this ...

https://ibb.co/mG57XxQ