Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Pro Sport loose bolt issue

Question Air Arms Pro Sport loose bolt issue

There used to be a chronic problem with the Air Arms Pro Sport where the bolt fastener of the cooking link would become loose and the owner would have to loctite it. Has this issue been officially addressed and fixed by AA, or does this still happen in new Pro Sports?

Another question about the FAC version of both Pro Sport and TX200 MK3 in .22 cal. On the official site AA states that the FAC Pro Sport .22 has "14-17" FPE muzzle energy while the TX200 MK3 has 15-18 FPE of muzzle energy. Is the TX actually more powerful than the Pro Sport in FAC configuration? I seem to remember that the Pro Sport has always been the more powerful one so I wanted to verify the accuracy of the information published on Air Arms' site.

Appreciate your help.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by JBuck View Post
    There used to be a chronic problem with the Air Arms Pro Sport where the bolt fastener of the cooking link would become loose and the owner would have to loctite it. Has this issue been officially addressed and fixed by AA, or does this still happen in new Pro Sports?

Another question about the FAC version of both Pro Sport and TX200 MK3 in .22 cal. On the official site AA states that the FAC Pro Sport .22 has "14-17" FPE muzzle energy while the TX200 MK3 has 15-18 FPE of muzzle energy. Is the TX actually more powerful than the Pro Sport in FAC configuration? I seem to remember that the Pro Sport has always been the more powerful one so I wanted to verify the accuracy of the information published on Air Arms' site.

Appreciate your help.
    The FAC difference is only the barrel length the HC is the same, the bolt you mention is not the best way to connect linkage to the cylinder but AA did improve the bolt a bit on the later models.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yes longer barrel will help in FAC.
    ALso you can squeeze a little more stroke out of the TX with a few mods, and a few more mil if you have a lathe.

It will also be a hell of a lot easier to cock !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    My early Prosport's bolt never came loose but I have thread locked it when I tuned it, my other Prosport I had many years ago never came loose either.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    but AA did improve the bolt a bit on the later models.
    Thank you very much for your response. I had emailed AA about this issue and they replied with this

General Air-Arms
    1:31 (9 hours ago)
    to me

Thank you for your email.

The technical department has advised that there has been no design change to to Pro Sport.

Air Arms Customer Service Team

If anyone can shed more light on this I would be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by JBuck View Post
    Thank you very much for your response. I had emailed AA about this issue and they replied with this

General Air-Arms
    1:31 (9 hours ago)
    to me

Thank you for your email.

The technical department has advised that there has been no design change to to Pro Sport.

Air Arms Customer Service Team

If anyone can shed more light on this I would be grateful.

Just thought I would post a picture of the small difference with the later ones I have also added a picture so you can see what I mean by a shorter barrel the same as the HC.

Last edited by Barryg; 11-03-2021 at 10:47 PM.

I was wondering if you knew about the weak cocking lever on the early PS, AA did update the lever on the later models

You are my new hero! Thank you very much for the fantastic information that certainly puts my mind at ease buying one.

You should head AA's technical department since you know more that they do, judging by the useless email they sent me

Bolt

what is this bolt cocking link you speak of ...
    Any chance of a pic so i may check mine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    My early Prosport's bolt never came loose but I have thread locked it when I tuned it, my other Prosport I had many years ago never came loose either.

Pete
    Pete - which bolt do you mean ?

I believe they are discussing the hex head screw which attaches the cocking link to the compression chamber.
    If it comes loose the underlever won't return to the correct position after cocking.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I have 2 Pro sports.

One has been my main hunting rifle for over 15 years with zero issues on the cocking arm.
    Master Debater

I sold my prosport. Could not get on with the uncomfortable cocking lever and my boney fingers. Tx is much better to cock. Id not have another prosport.

looking at a parts diagram , i think it may be part no C1006 , on chambers website ...Please correct me if i am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    looking at a parts diagram , i think it may be part no C1006 , on chambers website ...Please correct me if i am wrong
    Yes,
    Here is a pic of the old type and the new