Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW45 - Tinbum

HW45 - Tinbum

Hi
    Have rebuilt my very old HW45 with much help and advice from Nick and one of his kits. it has turned what was a very jumpy pistol that has been at the back of a drawer for several years into a very nice gun.

the gun was running at about 2.9 flb with an fps spread of around 25-30 fps into a much smoother pistol running at 4.5 flb with a spread of 10-12 fps after only putting a couple of dozen pellets through it.

I have fitted one of his kits to my .177 HW95 and was so pleased that I decided to try one on the pistol, will be looking at the old .22 HW35 and .22 HW77

Thanks again to Nick for his videos and for taking the time to reply to my e-mails.

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    +1 for the HW45 - Tinbum kit

I though mine was pretty good to start with it is now most excellent
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Nick's kits are excellent and the personal service delivered is top notch.. And the TbT website is also turning into a nice, comprehensive resource.

We're lucky to have him amongst us.

I wonder how many springers around the globe will have now been transformed by his kits?

Nice one, Nick. May you continue to go from strength to strength and your guides remain true and stiff!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nick's kits are excellent and the personal service delivered is top notch.. And the TbT website is also turning into a nice, comprehensive resource.

We're lucky to have him amongst us.

I wonder how many springers around the globe will have now been transformed by his kits?

Nice one, Nick. May you continue to go from strength to strength and your guides remain true and stiff!
    It has been bonkers since the first lockdown started, but it's well over twenty thousand now.

My wife would say I own half of those.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It has been bonkers since the first lockdown started, but it's well over twenty thousand now.
    :
    Excellent!

Although, sadly, some sectors have really struggled, many have thrived. Especially people like your good self offering quality goods backed up with excellent service. Internet and mail order helping, obviously. I guess many home tinkerers will have had more time on their hands to start projects which they may have otherwise struggled to and the excellent value for money of your fine fares make them realistically achievable.

One of the success stories of modern times and linked in with our wonderful hobby / sport / pastime.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hiya is there a link to these kits please? thanks.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    Hiya is there a link to these kits please? thanks.
    Here you go-

https://www..com/
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Here you go-

https://www..com/
    Nice try Tony, but the website address was put into the forum swear filter the day we started trading. We have never advertised on here and no other airgun related companies are in it, but in a way it makes me feel speshul!

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Nice try Tony, but the website address was put into the forum swear filter the day we started trading. We have never advertised on here and no other airgun related companies are in it, but in a way it makes me feel speshul!
    Good contributions to the forum are appreciated and interweb searches will suffice.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    Good contributions to the forum are appreciated and interweb searches will suffice.
    Thanks, and please don't think I am complaining! We sell up to 600 kits a month worldwide under our own name and now supply some of the "permitted" names as well.

The feature on the HW 45 in the latest AGW is very good btw.
    HW 77K .22,Gammo Hornet .22 BSA 3-9 x 50 Night light ,HW 40 .177,Gamo Maxxim Elite .22 multi shot, Beeman P17 .177 red dot sight ,SMK CP2 co2 with Hawk 3-9 x 50.Slingshots PPMG+TTF PPMG mk 2 ott PPMG ott Original custom made solid Bronze, Number 15 of 20

The kits are fantastic but go one step further and add an oz parachute seal and wow! Completely different pistol

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    The feature on the HW 45 in the latest AGW is very good btw.
    It is indeed.

And our very own Monsieur Le Tinny Bum once wrote a strip-down feature for Airgun Shooter, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reevo17 View Post
    The kits are fantastic but go one step further and add an oz parachute seal and wow! Completely different pistol
    Yes, I've heard this from several sources.. It does seem strange that HW persist in the usage of the PTFE seal when all the spring rifles use a parachute seal.

I wonder if any of our more intrepid engineers have also played with the idea of the 'O' in a 45?

Or we could just go for the proper "old school" feel, do a leather head conversion and keep it well lubed for even more diesels!

Just contemplating an upgrade to my HW45, looking at the Aussie parachute seal for $20.50, the shipping is over $26!

Surely there is a cheaper alternative this side of the globe? Mr Tinbum - can you engineer something comparable or bulk-buy some Aussie stock to offer on your website?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?