Thread: 12g slug testing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My own view is that modern shotguns made with modern steels are pretty difficult to damage. Weld up the muzzle and you will probably blow the end off your gun. Some yankie u toob vids are of people putting 20 bore carts in a 12 bore (rem pump I think) and couldn't do any damage to it all. I have been using slugs and any number of improvised projectiles including hand grenades, (in the middle east) and not yet managed to blow up a gun. We bruised a few shoulders though!

Whilst I wouldn't recommend doing any of the silly things that we did in the desert to anyone else, I also wouldn't tell them not to do it either provided that they don't put others at risk.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

I home-made some slugs using de-shotted 28g carts. I had different slugs, hollow base and 'rifled' brenneke. The former would fit nicely into the plastic wad but the latter would not but they had a plastic base on them anyway and I have an antique roll crimp device to finish them off. So I went to my club and shot them at 50yds. They all shot 4-5" groups plus I had some factory Gecko which also shot similar groups. This was from my Armasan RS-S1 imp cyl with a red dot, freehand elbow on bench. I also had the opportunity to try them at 80-100m and they all grouped 6-7".

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    They shot lovely at 25m, well, they would wouldn't they!

Unfortunately, when pushed out to 50m the term "group" no longer applied, with most slugs going through the paper sideways.

I have a rifled choke on order and will be doing a video comparison between smoothbore, rifled choke and full rifled barrel as soon as I can.

I will say they hit the knockdowns at 25m with some authority, making my 9mm look like a pea-shooter

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a rifled choke on order
    I'm guessing it must be a S1 shotgun then.
    Does the choke have to be 'transferred' (or Face-2-face) or can you buy it freely and only need the FAC if you want to use it?
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge4318 View Post
    I'm guessing it must be a S1 shotgun then.
    Does the choke have to be 'transferred' (or Face-2-face) or can you buy it freely and only need the FAC if you want to use it?
    I'm in France and you don't need a licence to buy it. It's all a bit weird, but essentially only semi auto's and handguns need prefectural authorisation.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I'm in France and you don't need a licence to buy it. It's all a bit weird, but essentially only semi auto's and handguns need prefectural authorisation.
    Ah, that explains it, shame as I guess you can't help with the licensing part.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

uiooloa Guest
    Not many people have got a 12 bore air rifle