Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
yup.... I just measuring over the downrange chrono here, and comparing with the heavies and others.. However as you know, the poorer BC may be a factor of not suiting the barrels, whether it's deforming the surface slightly (e.g. tight choke), or they are not flying true.

I have a phoenix as well - will try that next.
Yes the BC certainly has a relationship to velocity.

I'm certainly seeing that shorter barrels are proving better for accuracy and also making better power.
Whether thats down to less drag in the barrel or not, I'm not quite sure at this point. They're just too new as yet.

Certain barrel twists could also be preferable, though I'm running the standard 1 in 17 3/4 Lothar Walther barrel on my rifle that I'm using them with. A quicker twist could be more suitable, but the feeling is that slower twist will be less good.

Choke may also affect power. As far as I'm aware, no one's tried these through an unchoked barrel yet.
This is on my to do list, though I'd have to aquire a suitable barrel to confirm. I may get a HW, 12mm unchoked blank at some point and have it machined for mine. The HW blanks are a 1 in 16 twist.

What I can say with certainty, is that if they weren't performing for me, I simply wouldn't be using them. What I'll also say, is that I've built a rifle specifically to shoot them.
They're consistently putting rabbits in the freezer. I've taken rabbits with these, with conclusive kills at the normal distances I'd shoot at for rabbits.

Not sure whether I posted about this, but I removed a slug from a rabbit's skull. THe shot was taken with the rabbit looking towards 11 o clock away from me.
This slug shows complete expansion, with the expanded head, mostly wrapping itself around the remaining slug body. Parts of the nose had also completely separated / fragmented.
The remnants were weighed at 9.5g, so there were still other fragments that I hadn't found, still remaining within the skull.
THe internal damage, starting about 5mm or so into the skull was quite extra ordinary, with fragmented bone and organs everywhere.

I have pics of the removal, the close up deformation and retrieved fragment and the remains of the slug on a scale confirming the weight.