Thread: New Crosman 362 and Drifter pump-ups

Cool New Crosman 362 and Drifter pump-ups

Wow!

I was just trying to search out some information on the HW80 40 Year Anniversary when I stumbled across these on the hard air magazine website.......New Crosman 362 and Drifter pump-ups, based on the 1322 platform. A platform I very much like compared to so many for its accuracy, simplicity and availability of parts and customising goodies. We've had a few threads recently on the Backpacker and mini-carbines, which both seem well loved on here, so perfect timing......The Drifter seems like the Backpacker reborn whilst the 362 is almost like a cross between the 1322, 2260 Rabbit Stopper and the Benjamin 392? Pump handle layout looks like it should facilitate easy pumping too?

Hope we see them over here!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Just looking at some stuff on airgunnation, lifted from the catalogue.....The Drifter's official designation, 2289CFKT, confirms the Backpacker heritage. Carbon dipped. The triggers on the new models look different from each other, the 362's reminding me (at a glance) of the later Crosman Sheridan pump-ups' unit, so vague in operation, as standard? Still liking the looks of both of them, but possibly leaning towards the Drifter.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    362 looks like a cross between a 2200 and a 2260 - which is a good thing. proper bolt action and a thicker barrel than the 2200.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Wow!

I was just trying to search out some information on the HW80 40 Year Anniversary when I stumbled across these on the hard air magazine website.......New Crosman 362 and Drifter pump-ups, based on the 1322 platform. A platform I very much like compared to so many for its accuracy, simplicity and availability of parts and customising goodies. We've had a few threads recently on the Backpacker and mini-carbines, which both seem well loved on here, so perfect timing......The Drifter seems like the Backpacker reborn whilst the 362 is almost like a cross between the 1322, 2260 Rabbit Stopper and the Benjamin 392? Pump handle layout looks like it should facilitate easy pumping too?

Hope we see them over here!
    HW80 anniversary?, Do you have a link or info?

Nope. I see you've also found Paul's thread on the subject so you have seen as much as I have. Will be very interested to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    362 looks like a cross between a 2200 and a 2260 - which is a good thing. proper bolt action and a thicker barrel than the 2200.
    Yes, Jon, and exactly the reason why I prefer the 1377/1322 layout to the 2100/2200; especially once you've fitted the steel breech.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nope. I see you've also found Paul's thread on the subject so you have seen as much as I have. Will be very interested to see more.
    Yes, if I comes good, I'd have one,

Nice, well it would be if they brought them up to date with steel breeches.

Looks like the 362 will still retain the nasty shoulder stock too, along with the placcy barrel band and foresight unit.

The drifter just looks like a placcy taccy stocked 392.

Nothing special on either really
    B.A.S.C. member

Looks similar to the new style 392/397, plenty of plastic but might have more tuning potential and calibres can be changed because it doesn't have a soldered barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Nice, well it would be if they brought them up to date with steel breeches.

Looks like the 362 will still retain the nasty shoulder stock too, along with the placcy barrel band and foresight unit.

The drifter just looks like a placcy taccy stocked 392.

Nothing special on either really
    Can't disagree with much of what you say, Rob. Plenty of aftermarket add-ons available, though, although getting too carried away ramps up the cost to the point where many wouldn't think the end result merits it. Good fun to play with but I like to keep my customisation budget on my Crosmans low to retain the original ethos.