Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th and 27th June 2021 BOINGER BASH

And had you decided on which Maccies for your de-rigeur brekkie stop?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Oooooh, a new page....BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And had you decided on which Maccies for your de-rigeur brekkie stop?
    Not yet Tone, I will have to consult the map
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Not yet Tone, I will have to consult the map
    There's a little transport café called Jayne's Place on the A1 behind Blyth Services (if it's open). I haven't used it myself for years but have heard good reports. If you leave the A1 at J34 and turn left then follow the A614 towards Bawtry and it's about a quarter of a mile on the left.
    I think we'll be stopping there for a spot of brekky.

That's only about six or seven minutes' drive away from me, Gary. Never used it, though, so can't comment.

Our Dave loves his Maccies, though......Dave, a few more minutes' drive after Blyth and you'll get to Markham Moor (where the A57 joins). Maccies is straight off the roundabout. Once leaving there, you'll only be about 40-50 minutes' drive from The Bash site.

Or, about 15 minutes' (if that) further drive down the A1 and you'll get to the Newark / A46 split, which is where you'd be most likely coming off the A1 and heading along the 46 anyway. If you go towards Newark for about a minute there's another Maccies there. Turn out of there, get to the roundabout and off you go down the 46.

Either would be nice and easy. There may be more, but unaware. Hope this helps.

That's only about six or seven minutes' drive away from me, Gary. Never used it, though, so can't comment.

Our Dave loves his Maccies, though......Dave, a few more minutes' drive after Blyth and you'll get to Markham Moor (where the A57 joins). Maccies is straight off the roundabout. Once leaving there, you'll only be about 40-50 minutes' drive from The Bash site.

Or, about 15 minutes' (if that) further drive down the A1 and you'll get to the Newark / A46 split, which is where you'd be most likely coming off the A1 and heading along the 46 anyway. If you go towards Newark for about a minute there's another Maccies there. Turn out of there, get to the roundabout and off you go down the 46.

That's a great help, cheers Tone
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Back in the late 80s I used to deliver shoe components to a footwear manufacturer called Gemrange in Harworth (part of Mansfield Shoe which I also delivered to on Dallas St). I bet they're not there any more.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Back in the late 80s I used to deliver shoe components to a footwear manufacturer called Gemrange in Harworth (part of Mansfield Shoe which I also delivered to on Dallas St). I bet they're not there any more.
    Ah, really wouldn't know, Gary, haven't been through Harworth for years. As with anywhere else, I guess what you say will be very correct, though.

Smile Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!

And Boing, Boing, Boing.

'Tis the first of a month and the very best of fortunes and health to all you lovely Boingerpeeps.

Smile Time to test the Sleepometer.

BOING!

After months of testing and tweakery-pokery, it's time to give the refreshed sleepometer a go.

56 TO GO, PEEPS.

BOING!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    BOING!

After months of testing and tweakery-pokery, it's time to give the refreshed sleepometer a go.

56 TO GO, PEEPS.

BOING!
    Well done Tone but you should have got it up and running 13 days ago
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well done Tone but you should have got it up and running 13 days ago
    Yep, you're right, Pauly.. But we had a few technical gremlins to contend with on the way, my friend..

Anyways, always take comfort in the fact that every day's a 69-er opportunity.

And to help, just think MEGAN FOX. Ooo-er.

And now, 55 to go, peeps.

Smile And the Sleepometer says..

54 to go, peeps.

BOING!!!!!!

HW95 in .177 going to the range on Wednesday. I bought it new when they first came out, so thought it ought to be treated to a new breech seal. So, popped a new breech seal on today, checked stock and scope fasteners ready for Wednesday and a very quick plinky down the hallway. All good. I've started a longer thread on it re breech seals and Boingery feel-good factor. Can't wait until Wednesday.

And The Sleepy-o-meter says, "53 to go, peeps".

BOING!