Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th and 27th June 2021 BOINGER BASH

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    My version of the Quigley Bucket for those who've never been to Quigley Hollow :-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AjS7Usvz0Vk
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Neil54 Mk2 Quigley Bottom bucket.

Yet to be initiated.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Kf7YfLbcauo?feature=share
    I thought these could share a little space on here.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Er, man hugs?

Mmmmm.........just heard on the news that hugging may be allowed again soon......

So, I'm in two minds about this......For me, a quick "man hug" had always been an integral part of meeting and greeting many of you wonderful peeps at The Bash. But, if is is to be allowed, should we actually do it or better not to? I know they're saying to approach with caution and common sense.....glancing looks and not face to face. And choose your "victim" carefully......So, with many Bash attendees most probably having received at least one, if not two, jabs by then, maybe okay? But really not sure......?

And......and this one's been bugging me for a long time. One very large integral part of the Boinger Bash events has been trying other people's rifles out. But (and, again, even if it is allowed by then, is it the right thing to do?) should this happen? And, if so, will it be safer to sanitise guns between different people handling them? Leading onto another question that's been swirling around in my mind for some time.....what sanitising products are okay to use on our cherished guns without risking damage to blueing and stock finishes? Or do we all wear gloves and masks when handling other people's guns?

What do you think, chaps?

And sorry about the "heavier" post.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

So here's a post of lighter-hearted nature and also introducing a little splash of colour to the new page.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmmm.........just heard on the news that hugging may be allowed again soon......

So, I'm in two minds about this......For me, a quick "man hug" had always been an integral part of meeting and greeting many of you wonderful peeps at The Bash. But, if is is to be allowed, should we actually do it or better not to? I know they're saying to approach with caution and common sense.....glancing looks and not face to face. And choose your "victim" carefully......So, with many Bash attendees most probably having received at least one, if not two, jabs by then, maybe okay? But really not sure......?

And......and this one's been bugging me for a long time. One very large integral part of the Boinger Bash events has been trying other people's rifles out. But (and, again, even if it is allowed by then, is it the right thing to do?) should this happen? And, if so, will it be safer to sanitise guns between different people handling them? Leading onto another question that's been swirling around in my mind for some time.....what sanitising products are okay to use on our cherished guns without risking damage to blueing and stock finishes? Or do we all wear gloves and masks when handling other people's guns?

What do you think, chaps?

And sorry about the "heavier" post.
    Valid points. May be a little soon for man hugs but handshakes and sanitiser afterwards could probably work. I guess for those who have been fully vaccinated well in advance then that's up to them to make a calculated decision.

There's a lad who sometimes comes clay shooting with us but doesn't have his certificate so he loans from us supervised. Due to contamination risk, I was going to suggest that out of courtesy maybe he should bring some antibacterial wipes for wiping the gun down in between users but I think there's a distinct difference between wiping down a synthetic semiauto and a blued air rifle/coated stock. Alcohol wipes on the wood is going to be out of the question as I think it'll make short work of whatever is on the stock. Bluing may be ok but I've not tried it.

Thank you for your input, Wills.

Any other thoughts / advice, chaps?

Sleepy-counter-thingy says 47 to go.

BOING!

46 to go, peeps.

BOING!

45 to go.

BOING!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Tony, we're all old gits, so everyone's going to be vaccinated anyways

But I would suggest antibac wipes for the guns, and handshakes being more appropriate than full frontal bare-chested man hugs
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

No tongues
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    No tongues
    Spoil sport!

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Tony, we're all old gits, so everyone's going to be vaccinated anyways

But I would suggest antibac wipes for the guns, and handshakes being more appropriate than full frontal bare-chested man hugs
    I think you're on the money there, JB.

Any further thoughts on which wipes would be most suitable / effective and will they be kind to the guns' finishes?

Forty four to go, peeps.

BOING!

Tent Suggestions Please

Need a new tent for this Bash. Within reason cash is no problem.
    But a self erecting tent with full standing room seems to be an impossible dream.

Of the two criteria, self erecting is the most important.....

Have had both jabs, but a year's tight lockdown does leave one depleted, so really looking forward to this one.

Looking forward to your input tent wise Guys.

In other news....As ever Trumpeteer hits the nail on the head in his recent post "No tongues"

Can't wait!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

There air some great inflatable tents about.
    Almost self erecting.
    The problem with popup tents they are a bit flimsy.
    Entertaining to take down for the rest of us until you become proficient.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.