Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th and 27th June 2021 BOINGER BASH

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Anything sub 12 is welcome mate. I am sure there will be a few pistols around.
    Hi mate, all my rifles are sub 12 as I don't want anything over 12lb as I only shoot for fun or at vermin so no need to go to FAC for me. Looking forward to it all the same and can't wait to get there

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I've just had a look at Accuweather and it seems that barring a couple of showers on Friday the weather is going to good for the weekend. I know that it can't be that accurate but at least the forecast is good.
    As you say, Gary, maybe a tad early to get a truly accurate picture but fingers crossed for some nice weather for what might turn out to be the only gathering of the year.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster2 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the boingathon as it's my first, ooer missus lol.
    I'll be bringing 3 air rifles and possibly a hurricane pistol as well as long as it's ok?
    And we all look forward to meeting you and your boingery toys.. You'll receive a warm and genuine welcome and be made to feel at home straight away.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a springy splash of colour for the new page.

Just one week to go, peeps.

BOING!

It is with heavy heart that i've reluctantly decided that i will not be attending this bash. I feel that with the rising Covid rate, it would be selfish of me to drive over 200 miles from Eastbourne knowing that there is a risk of helping the virus spread from area to area. Also whilst working in other peoples houses i have a duty to also keep them safe, and looking at the current data i'm reluctant to take the chance.

Neil, i would like to say thanks again for your hard work organsing this great event and i truly am sorry i will not be there. I dont require a payment refund and would like you to keep it towards costs.

Hopefully things will improve in the near future and i can catch up with you great chaps in better times.

All the best

Mike

Whist it will be a shame not to see you there Mike I totally understand your reasoning why. I'm sure we'll meet up at an event in the near future. Stay safe mate.

Cheers mate!! You have a great weekend and i hope to see you guys soon

Sorry you won't be attending the event.
    Hope to see you at another bash in the future.
    Take care and stay safe.
    Atb
    Les..

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sorry to hearcyou won't be joining us Mike
    Pete

Sorry you can’t make it Mike but you have to do what is right for you. Got a pm from Hsingee and sadly due to work commitments he can’t attend either still there will be other bashes

Gents, I'm here at the site now. Completely isolated set up 20 odd miles from Leicester in rural Leicestershire. Campsite prepared and looking good. Target bedecked field and a new bucket at 75 yds to bash + targets out to 100yds. It'll be a good weekend...

Sounds great, congratulations Neil and enjoy Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    It is with heavy heart that i've reluctantly decided that i will not be attending this bash. I feel that with the rising Covid rate, it would be selfish of me to drive over 200 miles from Eastbourne knowing that there is a risk of helping the virus spread from area to area. Also whilst working in other peoples houses i have a duty to also keep them safe, and looking at the current data i'm reluctant to take the chance.

Neil, i would like to say thanks again for your hard work organsing this great event and i truly am sorry i will not be there. I dont require a payment refund and would like you to keep it towards costs.

Hopefully things will improve in the near future and i can catch up with you great chaps in better times.

All the best

Mike
    Really sad to hear that you won't be coming, Mikey.. But I can fully understand where you're coming from and I agree with the more cautious approach rather than the "Billy big bollocks, gung ho" subscribers. The virus doesn't give a toss about how much we want to fight it or try and get back to normal. It just wants to infect as many people as it can and the only way to beat it is to have utter respect and behave accordingly. For me, with the outdoor setting and the low numbers of attendees who I know will behave 'cos they're great folk, it's a go-er. But there are lots of other venues I wouldn't go near and haven't been near a pub / cafe / restaurant etc for well over a year. Even supermarket trips are quick grab what you need only trips.

Again, sorry you can't come. You'll be sorely missed as will the other nice peeps who can't get this time around and I look forward to seeing all the lovely Boingerati at a future event in better times.

Missing ya already. You take care.
    Last edited by TonyL; 20-06-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Got a pm from Hsingee and sadly due to work commitments he can’t attend either still there will be other bashes
    That's a bugger, Gav, as I was so much looking forward to finally meeting him.. As you say, though, there will be more events in time once future situations allow.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Gents, I'm here at the site now. Completely isolated set up 20 odd miles from Leicester in rural Leicestershire. Campsite prepared and looking good. Target bedecked field and a new bucket at 75 yds to bash + targets out to 100yds. It'll be a good weekend...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Sounds great, congratulations Neil and enjoy Mark
    Thank you for that, Mark.. Sounds super. And well done and thank you again to Neil for making it all possible.