Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 26th and 27th June 2021 BOINGER BASH

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

How we all doing, peeps?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

All of a sudden, what with work, deadlines, targets etc., etc., our lovely little cockle-warming meet now seems like an age away.

What are we all up to, peeps? Some good shooting sessions / meet-ups at clubs lined up? Many tinkerings going on?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Being at a point where I cannot improve my springers myself (to be fair I am happy with all of them).
    I find I am accidentally the owner of an MFR. Apparently an easy pcp to work on. Although this one has just come out of a well known tuners workshop
    Pete

I was out with the scouts on Tuesday. 9yd indoor range, took the Quigley Bottom bucket with me.
    Young lady (10 to 14 but younger end), never fired an air rifle before, hit the bucket almost every time.
    Not quite the correct artillery hold as the junior rifle was still a little big.
    Open sights.

I claim good coaching but when it all comes together, an absolute pleasure to watch.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

It's great to encourage a natural talent Neil.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    All of a sudden, what with work, deadlines, targets etc., etc., our lovely little cockle-warming meet now seems like an age away.

What are we all up to, peeps? Some good shooting sessions / meet-ups at clubs lined up? Many tinkerings going on?
    Tony just finished a 22mm97 for a Chao at the club, will be delivering it to the greyhound and will shoot the ft course with my tx while there. Be rude not to 😃

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Being at a point where I cannot improve my springers myself (to be fair I am happy with all of them).
    I find I am accidentally the owner of an MFR. Apparently an easy pcp to work on. Although this one has just come out of a well known tuners workshop
    Will you be using it much, Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I was out with the scouts on Tuesday. 9yd indoor range, took the Quigley Bottom bucket with me.
    Young lady (10 to 14 but younger end), never fired an air rifle before, hit the bucket almost every time.
    Not quite the correct artillery hold as the junior rifle was still a little big.
    Open sights.

I claim good coaching but when it all comes together, an absolute pleasure to watch.
    Most satisfying and heartwarming, Neil. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Tony just finished a 22mm97 for a Chao at the club, will be delivering it to the greyhound and will shoot the ft course with my tx while there. Be rude not to ��
    Sounds perfect, Nick. And brilliant when tinkering leads onto some most pleasurable plinkering. Enjoy. I hope the recipient of the 22mm is happy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Will you be using it much, Pete?
    Not sure yet Tony. I had always fancied one and this came along at the right price so why not?. Certainly quiet enough for garden plinking and a few trips to the club
    Pete

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Not sure yet Tony. I had always fancied one and this came along at the right price so why not?. Certainly quiet enough for garden plinking and a few trips to the club
    ...and better than a rusty S400
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Sad to miss this one due to the proxy football, hopefully the next one will suit me better...

Cheers guys

PS just to give you an idea how much I can't stand football, I'm not working on the final but i have accreditation, but i still can't be arsed to go to Wembley!
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    ...and better than a rusty S400
    Oh yes. Seems consistent and accurate in the back garden.
    Pete

Oh yes. Seems consistent and accurate in the back garden.
    I think she'll provide satisfying performances well in excess of garden range, Pete.

Have you got a club visit lined up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Sad to miss this one due to the proxy football, hopefully the next one will suit me better...

Cheers guys

PS just to give you an idea how much I can't stand football, I'm not working on the final but i have accreditation, but i still can't be arsed to go to Wembley!
    Great to see you on, John, and I hope you're keeping well.

I'm with you on the football and, true to our predictions with the fan behaviour / stadium and pub "etiquette" etc., it's seemingly proving to be a super-spreader par excellence!

And, yet, proper outdoor events where people can and do behave properly, and where there is so much space, like the World Superbikes at Donington, has to work with restricted numbers?

Be great to see you and the full contingent of Boingerati again one day soon.