Thread: Hw110??

Hw110??

Hi all. Thinking about buying a HW 110, are there any problems that people know about with it?
    Many thanks. Dave.

0 issues here . great gun . Would skip the plastic stock though and get the walnut/laminate

Mines the later version with the all black metal work very good gun no issues here either.
    Hw110k,hw35e,pp700,750, , crossman 776 ,2200 magnum,140, 1077,m1 carbine, 1377,fn8 lighthunter,Sheridan blue streak, Sharp ace , Sharp innova, tx200hc,weblry premier,yunker2,1999 makerov, Baikal drozd

I bought one second hand and before I went to collect the owner checked power and found it had dropped. He took it back and got it sorted under warranty at the shop before I collected. I used it a couple of weeks and power dropped again. I didnt take it back, followed an excellent stripdown on the other forum, pulled it to pieces and got to the hammer. After a bit of tinkering I found that when it was set for 11.2fpe or thereabouts, there was little or no tension on the hammer spring so the adjuster seemed to be winding out as the hammer was shuttled back and forwards during the shot cycle. So a very very sparing amount of loctite 222 was inserted through one of the three holes on the front of the hammer and worked into the threads on the adjuster. Reset power and left overnight to cure. Power has not budged since in nearly 12 months of regular use. Absolutely love the rifle, the trigger has now been adjusted too, and i think the grey laminate is lovely to look at as well.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    I’ve got one and it’s a very good rifle but not as nice as the hw100, for the relatively small difference in price if I was buying only one rifle I’d go for the hw100
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

It may be worth having a read through this thread.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=hw110

Quote Originally Posted by Persil View Post
    0 issues here . great gun . Would skip the plastic stock though and get the walnut/laminate
    Didn’t know they did a plastic or walnut/laminate stock. A search revealed a laminate, do you have a link to the plastic and walnut stock versions please?

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    I’ve got one and it’s a very good rifle but not as nice as the hw100, for the relatively small difference in price if I was buying only one rifle I’d go for the hw100
    Personal choice - bought a 100, sold it; bought a 110, still got it, but would sell it after I got a MK4IS. As I say, personal choice, I also love my 30S.