Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What tuning kit have you in your TX200

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post

Nah .
    It was just about spring room inside the skirt of the 21mm Tony . It meant that the wall thickness of the skirt ended up a bit thin ( weak ) with the spring we were using .
    That extra 0.25mm of wall would make all the difference .
    Very true I got lucky on evil bay and have a 19.8 reamer Ideal for the titan no12 I was using unfortunately the supply had dried up so struggling to get a suitable spring now, may have to go back to 22 mm, not tried one with the latest piston ring, might be interesting. Will bring the 24 mm kit to the bash Tony, along with a 21 mm tx and my 23mm hw80.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Very true I got lucky on evil bay and have a 19.8 reamer Ideal for the titan no12 I was using unfortunately the supply had dried up so struggling to get a suitable spring now, may have to go back to 22 mm, not tried one with the latest piston ring, might be interesting. Will bring the 24 mm kit to the bash Tony, along with a 21 mm tx and my 23mm hw80.
    0.5 wall still makes me nervy Nick . You'd sooner have 0.75 hey ? Think we've got 0.8 on the latest 22mm incarnation I think i was aiming for a full 1mm but bogged something up . No idea what spring's in there . Some old tosh i found probably .

As long as the skirt is all concentric, it's ok, only had one fail, and that was due to a badly drilled hole, once I started reaming them they have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by spboden View Post

After stripping the gun down at the weekend i noticed the metal guide bottom plate was loose, hopefully you can see by the picture I have posted.

The internal piston sleeve was very rough (machined) and although this isnt a tight fit against the sleeve you could feel the "ribbing" of the metal when the piston was pushed in, I have polished this like a mirror manually. Not sure if this will make any difference, but surprised how it had been finished by Air Arms?
    That guide is broken, so throw it away. I didn't know that AA were still using the 1 piece guide with swaged washer. The 2-piece guide from an older TX will never give trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I could be wrong but I think he is talking about the inside of the piston being rough like they are on the TX
    He's talking about the outside. When you push the piston into the comp. tube, by hand, it will rub making the machining felt. When in the gun this doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    for the benefit of any less well informed readers in the future (not you, as you are just taking the pi55), a no-notch SR is a Mk1
    Or a lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Buzzing (or not) with anticipation at the prospect, Nick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!