Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smk

Smk

Does anyone on here have any connection to smk in Essex? I've got an issue I'm trying to resolve with a new rifle.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Does anyone on here have any connection to smk in Essex? I've got an issue I'm trying to resolve with a new rifle.

Dan
    With any such issue you should first take it up with the place from which you bought the rifle. Have they been unable to help?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

It's been back to them twice since January, returned once with the same obvious fault and was due back to me (again) by yesterday and that date has passed with the return of the rifle. In its current guise it is unusable.
    My other smk stuff has been spot on so this has come to me as a bit of a disappointment, although I've had no previous dealings with smk. I've emailed them in the hope we can get this fettled. Just wondered if anyone on here represented them in an official capacity so we could open a productive dialogue.

It's been back to them twice since January, returned once with the same obvious fault and was due back to me (again) by yesterday and that date has passed with the return of the rifle. In its current guise it is unusable.
    My other smk stuff has been spot on so this has come to me as a bit of a disappointment, although I've had no previous dealings with smk. I've emailed them in the hope we can get this fettled. Just wondered if anyone on here represented them in an official capacity so we could open a productive dialogue.
    Just a thought - there is a Chinese Airgun Forum, if there's no one on here who has anything to do with SMK there might be there.

HTH

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Hiya mate. I'm already on there but I don't believe that anyone on there is linked directly to SMK. I'll just wait out for their reply in the absence of a contact on here. I've been long enough without a usable rifle up to this point, a little longer won't feel any different.

Errol Guest
    SMK customer service is not the Best

I hope, for my sake, they prove you wrong! I'll keep folk updated with the outcome. It's always good to know about customer service experiences for people thinking about making a purchase.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Smk don't deal with the public, just like Daystate, you will need to go through a dealer, or an Rfd!

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Smk don't deal with the public, just like Daystate, you will need to go through a dealer, or an Rfd!

HTH.

Roy.
    They're giving the RFD the same lines that are being relayed to me. The RFD is my friend so I know I'm not being played from his end. So SMK have the chance to put it right (or more accurately a third chance) before I cancel my order.

They have had 2 opportunities to fix it and have failed. Time to reject it and demand a new replacement or full refund. I suspect you are trying to protect your friend the seller but he has the relationship with SMK not you.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Ive tried ordering spares for my artemis only to be told they dont carry or stock any parts or spares, Ive been useing an rfd who I trust and he is trying to get smk to hold some service and maintenance items. But as it stands they dont have any parts there, so they may be waiting for some to arrive ?

It is something to think about when buying a new rifle and the lack of backup is putting me off a p35, and Im looking at the gamo boxer now as there’s plenty of parts available or the Benjamin akela which looks well.

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Ive tried ordering spares for my artemis only to be told they dont carry or stock any parts or spares, Ive been useing an rfd who I trust and he is trying to get smk to hold some service and maintenance items. But as it stands they dont have any parts there, so they may be waiting for some to arrive ?

It is something to think about when buying a new rifle and the lack of backup is putting me off a p35, and Im looking at the gamo boxer now as there’s plenty of parts available or the Benjamin akela which looks well.

Chris
    Chris,

Funny you say this. I was looking at a p35 next. Unless things are sorted out properly SMK will lose a repeat customer, permanently.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    They have had 2 opportunities to fix it and have failed. Time to reject it and demand a new replacement or full refund. I suspect you are trying to protect your friend the seller but he has the relationship with SMK not you.
    Rich.
    Yeah,

I do have my mate in mind too. Hes a good lad with solid customer service.

Dan

Chris,

Funny you say this. I was looking at a p35 next. Unless things are sorted out properly SMK will lose a repeat customer, permanently.

Dan

Same here Dan
    I had two p15’s a couple of years back and had issues, smk could not or would not supply spares, I often think its so as guns get chucked away and more new ones bought, I have a great rfd and he convinced me to try the m16 which I have recently purchased, I now want a few parts and smk dont have anything. Dan my rfd has pestered them and has been promised by smk that they have ordered the parts I need and I now have to wait and see.

I want a .22 bullpup but just cant buy the p35 as I know there’s no backup if needed, I like to service and maintain my own rifles so parts are a must, therefore the gamo boxer and Benjamin akela have an advantage, I do struggle to understand how or why an importer doesn’t carry parts for their products, but I guess these guys are box movers really and thats it..

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I've got a p15 here which is immense. I reset the reg, polished the barrel and crown and it's phenomenal. I had a p10 shorty which was amazing and my mate convinced me to flog it to him. They're both faultless and freaky accurate. So my experience with Chinese stuff has been largely positive and I've been confident with their products. This is my first issue which I've needed to take up with smk but fingers crossed it'll get sorted this time.