Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What tuning kit have you in your TX200

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    My four run VMach items. No surprise really. Mach 1.5
    Out of interest and I'm sure that you will know, did the kits start with one piece steel guide then two piece steel then two piece plastic and metal? if so do you have different kits in your four?

Tx200

My venomac TX ranger uses a steel guide. The others are the black delrin guide which vmach used on most of their custom tunes. Mach 1.5

My HC has got delrin spring guide and tophat (Tinbum) and a Vortek piston seal.

I like it like that at the moment.
    Last edited by Jonjon79; 21-03-2021 at 08:37 PM.

All of the above.

My .22" MK2 TX has a Walther LGV piston in it fitted with 25mm Weihrauch seal.

Mk3 with lightened piston and stroke set at about 84mm.
    Running on JM/ARH's Q4600 spring on my own fitted delrin/POM guides.

Honest question:-
    I won't go into the new HW's''out of the box'',however the Tx's Iv'e had ''out of the box'' shoot very very well.
    Certainly show the HW's up as bought. Is there really a need to have the AA tuned? I ask this sincerely,
    cheers all.

Well I stripped the rifle down and got the top hat out.

The spring is in good condition, but what I did find is the steel guide plate is loose, it’s not a complete piece. This will definitely be part of the cause of the twang.

Will be changing for the Tinbum kit with short Stroke adjuster.

Trigger unit. Completely stripped cleaned and polished.

Onwards and upwards

Tx200

To be honest I don't think the loose back plate will be the problem? As per above, an TX200 needs tuning? I'm not the greatest AA fan but out the box these things shoot very well. To answer the other question my brand new hw35 shoots great out of the box. To add another thing in to the mix, I popped a spring on to a tight fitting derlin guide into a 1983 HW35, no top hat and bingo..shooting great at 11 ft lbs no twang and lovely to shoot. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 21-03-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Order placed

Well placed my order today for the Tinbum kit with short stroke, can’t wait to get that fitted .......

Cheers for the comments / replies

Quote Originally Posted by jjjohn View Post
    Honest question:-
    I won't go into the new HW's''out of the box'',however the Tx's Iv'e had ''out of the box'' shoot very very well.
    Certainly show the HW's up as bought. Is there really a need to have the AA tuned? I ask this sincerely,
    cheers all.
    Although not shockingly bad to shoot, my .177 MarkIII was twangy out of the box. Internal finish very good. And most would prefer to lose the heavy steel top hat.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    To be honest I don't think the loose back plate will be the problem? As per above, an TX200 needs tuning? I'm not the greatest AA fan but out the box these things shoot very well. To answer the other question my brand new hw35 shoots great out of the box. To add another thing in to the mix, I popped a spring on to a tight fitting derlin guide into a 1983 HW35, no top hat and bingo..shooting great at 11 ft lbs no twang and lovely to shoot. Mach 1.5
    I have also had the pleasure of trying a fair few twang-free HWs out of the box..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

After stripping the gun down at the weekend i noticed the metal guide bottom plate was loose, hopefully you can see by the picture I have posted.

The internal piston sleeve was very rough (machined) and although this isnt a tight fit against the sleeve you could feel the "ribbing" of the metal when the piston was pushed in, I have polished this like a mirror manually. Not sure if this will make any difference, but surprised how it had been finished by Air Arms?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by spboden View Post

After stripping the gun down at the weekend i noticed the metal guide bottom plate was loose, hopefully you can see by the picture I have posted.

The internal piston sleeve was very rough (machined) and although this isnt a tight fit against the sleeve you could feel the "ribbing" of the metal when the piston was pushed in, I have polished this like a mirror manually. Not sure if this will make any difference, but surprised how it had been finished by Air Arms?

As it happens, the piston in the Tx runs on the bearings so the body of the piston doesn't make contact in use. Looks pretty though!

When you come to lube it, just a smear of Bum-Slide on the black plastic bearings and a teeny smidge around the seal's edge is all the piston needs

cheers, Tinbum kit ordered yesterday

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    As it happens, the piston in the Tx runs on the bearings so the body of the piston doesn't make contact in use. Looks pretty though!
    I could be wrong but I think he is talking about the inside of the piston being rough like they are on the TX