Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What tuning kit have you in your TX200

its the piston body that has the nylon washes either end, that was "ribbed" and when inserting the piston you could hear the piston body just touching the lip of the enterance.

all now polished, waiting for TBT kit to arrive.

next stage is strip old varnish from stock, remove some "bumps and dents", rub down and finish with Tru Oil.

Barrel needs to be sent away for rebluing also, as its been neglected

lots to do on my easter week holiday.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I don't know what you use the rifle for, so this might be inappropriate, but I find that my MK2 full length is nicer to shoot with some weight added inside the butt. I put a handfull of lead .44 slugs in there. I wouldn't want to carry it around the woods all day now, but it's sweet to shoot. It also has a delrin hat, polished barrel internal and good re-crown.

Quote Originally Posted by spboden View Post
    its the piston body that has the nylon washes either end, that was "ribbed" and when inserting the piston you could hear the piston body just touching the lip of the enterance.

all now polished, waiting for TBT kit to arrive.

next stage is strip old varnish from stock, remove some "bumps and dents", rub down and finish with Tru Oil.

Barrel needs to be sent away for rebluing also, as its been neglected

lots to do on my easter week holiday.
    I see this thread is over a month old now so my comments may be a bit late to the table but rather than send just the barrel off for rebluing, personally I wouldn't go to the trouble of removing it from the cylinder I would get the complete unit reblued to ensure the finish matches.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I see this thread is over a month old now so my comments may be a bit late to the table but rather than send just the barrel off for rebluing, personally I wouldn't go to the trouble of removing it from the cylinder I would get the complete unit reblued to ensure the finish matches.
    I machined down a socket and drilled holes in it for a "tommy bar", that way I can remove the barrel nut via the loading port without stripping all the guts out of the rifle. I did this many years ago when I was spending a lot of effort experimenting with the rifle.

digitaldwarf is offline A big boy did it and he ran away!
    i have a tony leach 21mm kit in my tx 200 hc . i had tried other kits but the 21mm kit beats everything ive had in the past
    DONT BEAM ME UP SCOTTY I'M HAVING A CR__.__..._......

I have a Nick g in mine 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    I have a Nick g in mine 🙄
    Hope he did you a good deal
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    Hope he did you a good deal
    Indeed, but he is difficult to work for !

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    not really mate.. the confusion comes from notches there are, vs what you can see thru the loading port

Mk3 has 3, non evenly spaced

MK2 has approx 8, evenly spaced (same as SR mk2)

SO just cock the gun and count the clicks (unless it's been nose extended or otherwise short stroked)
    My TX200 SR has no notches..... Could it be a fake?

My money would go on a Tinbum guide and top hat. As somebody else has said, for the price I wouldn't even bother setting up the lathe and making it myself. Also, you can talk to Nick, he probably has the answer to any problems that you may come across. The steel top hat stuck in the piston is just one of them.

Yes it's a fake, so I'll give you £20 for it.Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Indeed, but he is difficult to work for !
    Well he is from Cov.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    My TX200 SR has no notches..... Could it be a fake?
    for the benefit of any less well informed readers in the future (not you, as you are just taking the pi55), a no-notch SR is a Mk1
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

After owning 3 different tx's in different states of tune,I've settled on a full length version,tbt kit with a vmach spring,easy to cock,little recoil and nice to shoot,found the 22mm conversion and short stroke kits too snappy for me

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by shakeysimon View Post
    After owning 3 different tx's in different states of tune,I've settled on a full length version,tbt kit with a vmach spring,easy to cock,little recoil and nice to shoot,found the 22mm conversion and short stroke kits too snappy for me
    Now that is news to me? Last time I saw you it was to fit one of the reduced diameter kits I'd removed from other guns.
    I tried one, you had one and I binned the rest.

I am also running full stroke and bore now

It was in a carbine,not sure if it makes a difference,I think the conversion is marmite,It was accurate but harder to get consistent results on an hft course,maybe more hold sensitive? I was at the club Sunday with my full length in a standard stock with a small hamster, shot 77 ex 80 on the hft course,didn't get above 70 with the hc.