View Poll Results: you would go for the......

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • weaver

26 29.21%
  • bushnell

63 70.79%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weaver vs bushnell...

Smile weaver vs bushnell...

help me

i can't decide between a bushnell 4200 5-15x50
    or a weaver grand slam 6-24x40

im lossing sleep over this now !

the weaver's appeal to me more but the bushnell's seem to make more sense,

the bushnell might offer (SLIGHTLY) better optics and are more established, especially in the UK, and have an excellent write up, yet the weaver seems to be slighty better finished with a better mechanical system, and offers this at a smaller price tag (from U.S).

what do you reckon ?
    !Think before you shoot!..... always wear protection.......

Buy both. Problem solved

I cant speak for either as ive never used them.

Ive have used a Bushnell Legend and loved it. Dont know much about Weaver to be honest.

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi James

To be honest mate I would highly recommend any weaver scope, but to be fair, I think your money would be better spent on a V24 as a good all-round scope - the grand slam are a nice scope, but the turrets aren't really designed for a lot of twiddling, and I don't think the optical quality is as good as the V24 - you really need to decide what you want out of a scope. I would say that the weaver optics have a slight (very) edge over the bushnell, and the v24 series is a lot more compact and shorter than the bushnell.

LeeH
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Quote Originally Posted by Davros
    Hi James

To be honest mate I would highly recommend any weaver scope, but to be fair, I think your money would be better spent on a V24 as a good all-round scope - the grand slam are a nice scope, but the turrets aren't really designed for a lot of twiddling, and I don't think the optical quality is as good as the V24 - you really need to decide what you want out of a scope. I would say that the weaver optics have a slight (very) edge over the bushnell, and the v24 series is a lot more compact and shorter than the bushnell.

LeeH
    cheers lee

i was hoping that somone would suggest a weaver as a better buy. So many people own bushnells, i can see where this will end up.
    ill look into the v24 series and see what i think.

The Grand slam is a 6.5-20 I think not 24 mate. Go for the V24, a brilliant scope for the money
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

The 5-15 Legend v a Weaver V16 is a tough choice, I have both and the Legend wins, jut, in my opinion, not bad for a scope costing 2/3 of the price

That said Weavers are excellent

baz

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Bushnell

Hi,
    I know it's not much help but I own a couple of the lesser model Bushnells (Sportman and Trophy)and think they are fantastic scopes for the money so I'll have to put my vote on the Bushnells, if the quality of the two lesser models is impressive then it would proberbly be a hell of a lot better on the Elite model.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

cheers peps

so you seem to rate the v series over the grand slams, so maybe i should consider one of those instead.
    It's going on top of my new logun axsor (when i get it) which will be used as a primary hunting tool
    Im looking for a high quality mid priced scope with paralax adjusting, and capable of 14x + mag.
    The only thing im unsure about with the weavers are the recticules.
    I think the grand slam just looks/sounds a pukka scope for the money you pay. It's cheaper than the eqivalent 4200 elites, yet some say offers almost leupold quality jap glass.
    and apparantly because the grand slams mechanical insides are so precisely construted by japans finest, you can adjust the parralax and the mag ring with your finger tip using very little effort.
    This might be farely normal on a top scope but since the best ive ever owned is a hawke varmint mk1, it sounds pretty dam amazing!
    I wanted a slightly more special / different outfit for a change, hense the reason im going for an logun Axsor and not an S410 or simular, so i think a weaver would go quite nicely, considering not many peps have one.

hmmmmm

p.s S410 owners, im not saying that they aren't special, i had one they're awsome

sneaky beaky Guest
    just ordered the grand-slam 6-20 DPLV... let you know what i think not that i know a huge amount about entry scopes anyways ...

Get a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40, pisses all over any Waever I have seen.
    BTW, the finish on the Elite is superb too, and I've yet to see one with any tube crimping whatsoever, bulletproof.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

agreed..... and also the 6-24 mildot 4200 as well.

Early in the week, I had the chance to use a brand spanking new (still in box and what a box!) Bushnell 3200 Elite 5-15x50 and I am very impressed. Surprisingly enough it doesn't feel so heavy for it's Hubble scope like length. I would have prefered a wider duplex on this scope.

Image quality at 15x is better than my Simmons Pro-Air at 10x. I cannot compare it to the Weaver but you wouldn't be disappointed if you bought this one.

If the 4200 is more expensive than the 3200 for the same parameters, then save yourself some money and buy the 3200. Unless, the 4200 has something that the 3200 doesn't.

Rustam

3200 and 4200 are identical standard glass, coatings and construction. The difference is with the magnification available.
    The 4200 is 4x mag, the 3200, 3x mag. Thats it.

sorry, im wrong...this is the corrct response.

The Bushnell Elite 3200 is more affordable, yet is very close to the 4200. There are subtle differences (88% light transmission vs. 95%), but the main difference is that the 4200's feature a 4X zoom range and the 3200's are primarily 3X zoom range scopes, although there is an exception. They also feature Bushnell's "Rainguard" coating.
    The Elite 3200 is multi-coated or fully multi-coated, depending on the model; all 4200 Elites are fully multi-coated. All of the 4200s then boast higher light transmission. This translates into brighter images.
    The Elite 3200 feature a standard 1" steel tube; the Elite 4200 features an aluminum/titanium tube. This makes the 4200 series both stronger and lighter.
    Lastly, the 4200 is the best optical system Bushnell makes