Thread: Soft case for Ruger Old Army?

Soft case for Ruger Old Army?

I would be grateful if any members could point me in the direction of a carry case that will accommodate a 7.5" ROA (I don't have the original box). I have not (yet) found a suitable small hard case of the right size, nor am I sure that some of the revolver soft bags are large enough.
    Any advice please?
    Thanks.

I keep mine in a 'glove' - I'll check later to see if there's a make on it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    I keep mine in a 'glove' - I'll check later to see if there's a make on it.
    Thanks Steve - I have been putting-off trying to make a wooden box, and there may be mileage in having a neoprene or padded item made, but if there's something suitable out there already....

I have a few cases from pistol days.
    Sadly empty!
    What is the length from the heel to muzzle?

Quote Originally Posted by mag44uk View Post
    I have a few cases from pistol days.
    Sadly empty!
    What is the length from the heel to muzzle?
    Hi there...... this one is 39cm from heel to muzzle measured diagonally, or 35cm measured parallel to the barrel. Would be interested to know if you have anything suitable that you would like to dispose of!

Plenty of choice on the bay. have them for all my muzzle loading pistols and lbr.
    Kranks have a good size selection in soft too.

Quote Originally Posted by TVRGREG View Post
    Plenty of choice on the bay. have them for all my muzzle loading pistols and lbr.
    Kranks have a good size selection in soft too.
    Thanks - I had forgotten about Kranks! Have now just ordered a case!

My memory is getting worse if that's possible - No brand on the glove unfortunately but its 17" long and just takes the ROA.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    My memory is getting worse if that's possible - No brand on the glove unfortunately but its 17" long and just takes the ROA.
    Thank you Steve. I'll look out for one, but for now I have just bought an MTM "Case Guard 808" from Kranks, and the revolver fits nicely. A shame that the hinges on the newer MTM cases and ammo boxes rely on flexible plastic "hinge" rather than the proper metal-pinned hinge that they used to come with.

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Thank you Steve. I'll look out for one, but for now I have just bought an MTM "Case Guard 808" from Kranks, and the revolver fits nicely. A shame that the hinges on the newer MTM cases and ammo boxes rely on flexible plastic "hinge" rather than the proper metal-pinned hinge that they used to come with.
    That is so they don't last. I had a small toolbox with the same type of hinge and when it broke I pop riveted two small pieces of flexible plastic to it that work as hinges. The plastic I used was from the carrying handle off a big box of soap powder.