Thread: Custom Wooden Grips?

Custom Wooden Grips?

Does anyone make them on here?

I wouldn't mind a set of plain walnut ones for my Schofield, I searched but the only other thread was in 2018 and wasn't updated.
    I saw these plain grips for the Uberti Schofield by LS but I don't know how true the ASG version is to the Uberti revolver or even if they would fit it but this is the kind of grip I would like
    https://i.ibb.co/3rkPmZ8/CIMG0032-1d...5d7d016fe4.jpg

Contact Andy, airgunner177 on this site, or andy@andrewdavies10.plus.com he makes superb grips for many models.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Contact Andy, airgunner177 on this site, or andy@andrewdavies10.plus.com he makes superb grips for many models.
    Thanks very much for that Troubledshooter, Ive sent him an email

Just thought I would update this in case anybody else is looking in the future.
    Andy replied, sadly he doesn't do revolver grips.

Custom wooden grips

Andy is an outstanding craftsman, but he does not make grips for guns for which he does not have a "model" to work from. The Schofield air pistol grips are quite different from the Uberti grips in the way they attach to the gun. There is a lot going on under the grips in the air pistol version that is not happening in the powder-burner. To my knowledge, the only optional grips are the faux ivory.

I found out about the above when I asked Andy to make me some wood grips for one of my Crosman 600's, and had to send him one as a pattern.
    It was an expensive exercise with additional postage costs, but the end result was superb, and to my mind, well worth the additional expense.
    I know Andy has patterns for most Webley air pistols, but don't know what others he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggadeath View Post
    Andy is an outstanding craftsman, but he does not make grips for guns for which he does not have a "model" to work from. The Schofield air pistol grips are quite different from the Uberti grips in the way they attach to the gun. There is a lot going on under the grips in the air pistol version that is not happening in the powder-burner. To my knowledge, the only optional grips are the faux ivory.
    That I can understand. I design 3D products, often adaptors for other things, and I get a lot of request for things that I do own. Even with dimensions, unless it's a very simple object, it can be extremely hard to get things just right if you don't have the prototype in front of you.
    Member of SACS and Scottish Target Shooting