Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Would I lie to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Nice pic on the front cover - is that from when John first started writing it ?
    You would think so John. It dawned on me the other day that I have spent over a fifth of my life on this project!

I've changed the title of the book slightly on the back of feedback received.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

[QUOTE=Binners;8012523]I will ask, maybe he will delete the word 'Collectors' on your copies [/QUOTE

It'll solve one problem this year - what do you want for Xmas? I hope she enjoys it.

ATB, Mick
    Last edited by walnutfarmmick; 14-09-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    This is on the cards and from the same Author as The Webley Rifle book, Christopher Thrale.
    Thank you - appreciated.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Once we get our hands on JMs eagerly awaited book, the next gap to be filled will be the post-war BSA offerings. It must be difficult to decide on cut-off dates, but we're getting there.

Brian
    A cut off date for the postwar BSA airguns would be simple to work out. As soon as Gamo parts started to be fused into the designs, as far as I'm concerned, they stopped being BSAs, and became something....."less".
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    A cut off date for the postwar BSA airguns would be simple to work out. As soon as Gamo parts started to be fused into the designs, as far as I'm concerned, they stopped being BSAs, and became something....."less".
    Harsh but fair.

I agree the mid to late 1980s is the cut off for post war BSAs for just this very reason.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.