Thread: Would I lie to you.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post

I'm sorry if that came over as scathing. It was intended to be a teasing dig at John himself, to say nothing of my probable last chance to use the word 'redacted', now Trump has gone. I had this mental picture of John, working by candle-light, sleeves rolled up, muttering 'I've spent 10 years writing this and now they want me to change it, before it's even been published! Where's my thickest, blackest crayon?'

I'm sure it'll become the standard reference work of the genre, a latterday Gas, Air and Spring Guns with the term ' Ah! But according to Milewski. ' passing into everyday usage even beyond the bounds of Kempton Park.

John needs neither of us springing to his defence. He's already on the road to fame and fortune, so let us just wish him well, enjoy the book and keep scanning the Sunday Times Best Sellers list.

ATB, Mick
    Hi Mick,

Your comments brought a smile to my face!

Not sure about the fame and fortune bit - I just hope I have identified all the spelling mistakes and there are no factual errors!

Thanks all for your comments - the title and cover are not set in stone just yet.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I hope you let us know on this forum first where i can get my mitts on a signed copy. Kempton perhaps, exciting, looking forward to this book. Tx John.

Any progress made please, I'm just notifying my kids of my Xmas wants list

(Got to get in early in case the little beggars spend it all on themselves)

Looking forward to this. Launch events with signings would be fun.

We're a little further forward and don't worry, I'll start a new thread once I have had the first batch printed. Should be well before Christmas.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I too am a proud collector. When I first started everyone told how good it owuld make me feel. I knew I could stop anytime I wanted, couldn't I? I ended up focusing on old commie air rifles, that's not unusual is it? I can give up anytime I want....

Very much looking forward to this one.