Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Would I lie to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    BEYOND THE BOUNDS OF KEMPTON PARK?
    It’s a wasteland Peter. A howling void where it is impossible to have a decent conversation about pre war loading tap variations.
    Morally flawed

Excellent news, I feel a book review coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Actually, you make a valid point. The book is primarily a guide to collecting the BSA but there are plenty of sections on contemporary and modern use of these century+ old classics. The current name is a working title but I'm open to suggestions as I have not yet gone to print.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

John
    For what it's worth John, I think it's no bad thing that the label reflects what is in the tin and I for one am far more interested in the content than the title.
    As I think we discussed once, the market for this kind of book is unfortunately quite limited which should make those of us who will reap the benefits even more grateful for the personal time and effort you extended on making it happen.

Brian

[QUOTE=Jerry Cornelius;8013714]It’s a wasteland Peter. A howling void where it is impossible to have a decent conversation about pre war loading tap variations. [/QUOTE1

A bit like MO then?

Atb, Mick
    Last edited by walnutfarmmick; 29-03-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post

I'm sorry if that came over as scathing. It was intended to be a teasing dig at John himself, to say nothing of my probable last chance to use the word 'redacted', now Trump has gone. I had this mental picture of John, working by candle-light, sleeves rolled up, muttering 'I've spent 10 years writing this and now they want me to change it, before it's even been published! Where's my thickest, blackest crayon?'

I'm sure it'll become the standard reference work of the genre, a latterday Gas, Air and Spring Guns with the term ' Ah! But according to Milewski. ' passing into everyday usage even beyond the bounds of Kempton Park.

John needs neither of us springing to his defence. He's already on the road to fame and fortune, so let us just wish him well, enjoy the book and keep scanning the Sunday Times Best Sellers list.

ATB, Mick
    Hi Mick,

Your comments brought a smile to my face!

Not sure about the fame and fortune bit - I just hope I have identified all the spelling mistakes and there are no factual errors!

Thanks all for your comments - the title and cover are not set in stone just yet.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I hope you let us know on this forum first where i can get my mitts on a signed copy. Kempton perhaps, exciting, looking forward to this book. Tx John.

Any progress made please, I'm just notifying my kids of my Xmas wants list

(Got to get in early in case the little beggars spend it all on themselves)

Looking forward to this. Launch events with signings would be fun.

We're a little further forward and don't worry, I'll start a new thread once I have had the first batch printed. Should be well before Christmas.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I too am a proud collector. When I first started everyone told how good it owuld make me feel. I knew I could stop anytime I wanted, couldn't I? I ended up focusing on old commie air rifles, that's not unusual is it? I can give up anytime I want....

Very much looking forward to this one.

Now I know it is not on the shelf at W H Smiths yet, but a sneaky look at the first 50 pages of the best BSA collectors book EVER should be with us this Spring/Summer. I am too daft to be able to convert a file to picture, but with permission from the Author, I can give you an idea of a cover shot.
    Well done to those holding their breath

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    So with a Webley Pistol book imminent 2021 is looking good.
    Just seen this comment... please tell me more?

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Just seen this comment... please tell me more?

This is on the cards and from the same Author as The Webley Rifle book, Christopher Thrale.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    This is on the cards and from the same Author as The Webley Rifle book, Christopher Thrale.
    It looks like Christmas might come early for us.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Nice pic on the front cover - is that from when John first started writing it ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.