Thread: Zeroeing a lovely pair of Webleys......

Zeroeing a lovely pair of Webleys......

Had these two for a few years, only just got round to doing a proper pellet test & 10yd zero.

[IMG][/IMG]

According to my notes I struggled to zero them when I first bought them, and coming back to them now it turns out that the triggers were too heavy.
    The Mk 1 was an easy fix with it's adjustable trigger, so after a quick service and trigger adjustment it's shooting very nicely and accurately.

I need to lighten the trigger on the senior.... there are a few threads on here about it and I'll be polishing the trigger and sear housings and a very careful polish of the sear and piston collar in due course.

Ironically all my scruffy Webley pistols shoot beautifully, really built to last these things.

I forgot what great pistols these are to work on.

Cheers,
    Matt

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Perhaps that is the problem, they are to new. just like a new car they run much better when they have a few miles on the clock. nice pair of pistols all the same.

Lovely looking guns!

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Perhaps that is the problem, they are to new. just like a new car they run much better when they have a few miles on the clock. nice pair of pistols all the same.
    I think you’re right. My very well used pre-war slant grip is one of my favourites to shoot, with everything nicely worn in and smooth, and the finish all but worn off....It’s had a good 70 years of running in.

I wonder what the ‘running in’ time on a new Webley must be?

Matt

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I think you’re right. My very well used pre-war slant grip is one of my favourites to shoot, with everything nicely worn in and smooth, and the finish all but worn off....It’s had a good 70 years of running in.

I wonder what the ‘running in’ time on a new Webley must be?

Matt
    Hi Matt, that's a good question, maybe someone on here might be able to help. l can't as l very rarely shoot mine as l am a poor shot with a pistol.