Thread: Pre-War Webley Junior.

Pre-War Webley Junior.

A long shot I know, but I'm looking for an early pre-war Webley Junior fitted with original wooden stock sides.

Brian

Good luck with that Brian, I only ever found one and that came from KB in an original box; I sold it a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Good luck with that Brian, I only ever found one and that came from KB in an original box; I sold it a couple of years ago.
    Hello David,
    There wasn't much Keith couldn't find when asked, no matter how unlikely. I will always remember him pulling something interesting out from underneath his table at Arms Fairs meaning I rarely went home empty handed.
    Brian

Junior Wood Grip

Hi I have one ....... but missing sear and the rear sight, I did put in another sear from a tin grip and it did work and I think the sight could be made from a thin bit of tin? If you are interested I can email some pics [unable to put pics on here]
    Cheers Paul

Quote Originally Posted by vintagewebleyman View Post
    Hi I have one ....... but missing sear and the rear sight, I did put in another sear from a tin grip and it did work and I think the sight could be made from a thin bit of tin? If you are interested I can email some pics [unable to put pics on here]
    Cheers Paul
    Hi Paul,
    PM sent.
    Brian

Thank You Vintagewebleyman.

A big thank you to Vintagewebleyman for more than answering my request for a rare pre-war Webley Junior fitted with wood stock sides and the adjustable rear sight. He let me have his excellent example not only at a bargain price but also included some collectable pellets and Webley targets as an unexpected bonus.
    Apart from a couple of declared and relatively minor faults, the pistol is in great condition and will soon be up and running again.
    Paul is a true gentleman and an absolute pleasure to deal with, so thanks again for the pistol and incredibly generous bonus.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 13-04-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    A big thank you to Vintagewebleyman for more than answering my request for a rare pre-war Webley Junior fitted with wood stock sides and the adjustable rear sight. He let me have his excellent example not only at a bargain price but also included some collectable pellets and Webley targets as an unexpected bonus.
    Apart from a couple of relatively minor faults the pistol is in great condition and will soon be up and running again.
    Paul is a true gentleman and an absolute pleasure to deal with, so thanks again for the pistol and incredibly generous bonus.

Brian
    Nice one, Brian! Happy for you.

Good for you. Paul.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Well done Brian! And the blueing looks excellent considering its age.

Cheers,
    John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Well done Brian, a very nice rare Webley pistol. much nicer with the wood grips than the tin ones. strange that Webley never changed the printing on the boxes from the wood griped model, when they changed to the tin grips. but it was more than likely due to cost of having new printing done.

that is a lovely looking pistol

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Well done Brian, a very nice rare Webley pistol. much nicer with the wood grips than the tin ones. strange that Webley never changed the printing on the boxes from the wood griped model, when they changed to the tin grips. but it was more than likely due to cost of having new printing done.
    That was quite normal with Webley; just look at the boxes for the later series 2 Junior, as many showed the extended grips when the contents had standard grips.

Nice pistol from Paul, always a pleasure to deal with.