I had previously posted bemoaning the fact that FWB used to have the up and down buttplate adjustment move in an arc rather than straight up and down. This is even more pronounced on my recent P70 purchase! So in one of my recent rare moments of being able to do a bit of shooting I decided that by the time I had lowered it where felt right it was almost as on top of my shoulder as in front. After I had quit the garden and bimbled indoors I decided to do something about it. After stripping everything apart I worked out that the whole buttplate could moved down by about 20+mm beyond the range of adjusting the buttplate itself. The bottom part of the buttplate, the separate toe can be bolted in place via the threaded hole that allows the buttplate to be moved side to side. I have bought an over length M5 bolt screwed in from the front, then but screwed onto the bolt from behind. Tho result is that the buttplate is a fair bit lower so works for me and I can fine tune the exact position but because I am only adjusting it up and down a small amount so the arc movement is not enough to create an issue
Yes I know I should have pics but I forgot! I will add some in a few days. Even my girlfriend commented that my hold looked more stable after the change.