Thread: Chronograph to borrow Southampton area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chronograph to borrow Southampton area

Good Morning All!

An apology first, I didn’t know whether this post should go here, or in wanted section

I’m looking to borrow a chronograph - for a quick check in my rifle following the fitting of a short stroke kit, and then again in a few weeks time (19/4/21) for a few days for some extensive testing with different pellets

More than happy to leave a deposit, I just can’t justify buying one! Southampton area would be perfect, but I travel daily to and from Andover/North Hants/Wiltshire

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    I just can’t justify buying one!
    I think you just have.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I think you just have.
    Justify/afford....... tomato/tomato

If I was going to constantly be fettling with rifle there would be justification to buy one, but in this instance need to prove that the modification hasn’t put me over 12ft/lb (be very surprised if it has) and later just to prove there has been no change, and that it remains legal with a variety of pellet

But thanks for the input.. just to add clarity to my original post I’m looking to borrow because I am tight, and would rather rely on helpfulness and generosity to be repaid with a suitable vote of thanks than spend a significant sum of money on an item that will then go unused

Fair enough.

In Scotland, unless you're purely hunting, most of us have to be in a club to be granted a license, so there's always a chrono accessible (although I have my own). But it's like working on cars or bikes without the proper tools, when you finally invest, you wish you'd done it earlier. If you're planning to tinker with airguns, the same applies.

You can get a chrono for the price of a few tins of pellets.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roeam-Balli...graph+&sr=8-15

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You can get a chrono for the price of a few tins of pellets.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roeam-Balli...graph+&sr=8-15
    Thanks - I’d seen those on Amazon and the other auction site, that’s Plan B if I can’t borrow one.. have you got/seen/used one of those type? My biggest concern would be ease of operation, especially if the instructions are translated as poorly as some of the adverts I’ve seen!