Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: crosman medallist 1300

i've changed my design for the o ring FTP for the 130/1300 i've incorporated a felt wiper on them
    the o ring is a hnbr 70 to better cope with heat from pumping
    i've only made two at present but will do a few more if there is demand

pm sent

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Even though Haydn now has the parts I've sent him he's still having problems so I said I'd post on here what does what. :-

Attachment 321370

First off, the part you've circled saying is still in the gun has the exhaust valve sliding inside it, this part needs to be knocked out (forwards) to clean it, and I fit them onto the valve before inserting it all as a whole.

The exhaust valve is the brass cap on the back of the main valve and has a small O ring around it, there is also a small quad seal inside this cap that seals the air inside the main valve when pressurised --- if this has perished you'll not build pressure up.
    Changing the quad seal is a bit of a fiddle but it's not worth rebuilding the gun without changing it --- hopefully Ped can supply you one.

The other part I sent you to the left of the part circled is basically just a sliding sear which the sear sticking upwards from the trigger unit catches to hold the exhaust valve closed in its forward position --- on pulling the trigger the exhaust valve is moved backwards by the air pressure in the valve allowing the air to go through the transfer port into the barrel behind the pellet.

Anymore questions just shout out.

All the best Mick
    Many thanks Mick, I PM'd you earlier to say I have the pistol back together now and functioning as it should.

Next stage is to take it all apart again and fit new seals (which I have obtained). I had already spotted the quad seal, I reckon a dental pick will get the old one out, but cleaning all the cr*p out in there is going to be a pain. Might put it in my ultrasonic cleaner...

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Many thanks Mick, I PM'd you earlier to say I have the pistol back together now and functioning as it should.

Next stage is to take it all apart again and fit new seals (which I have obtained). I had already spotted the quad seal, I reckon a dental pick will get the old one out, but cleaning all the cr*p out in there is going to be a pain. Might put it in my ultrasonic cleaner...
    Sorry that I didn't get to reply last night, Haydn.

That all sound like a good plan now that you've got it operating as it should do.

And yes, cleaning the quad seal groove can be a bit of a pain, the ultrasonic cleaner sounds a good idea --- let us know how it works out.

All the best Mick