Thread: Fas 6004 v 604

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You should read the other contributors postings :-

"I had a 6004 two days before it broke. (the back sight). I took it back to the suppliers and got a refund" IJ

"I have seen a few 6004’s through pony club (low use, carefully used) with loose pins, oval pin holes that just suggest that the frame metal is just not as good, the triggers are also just not as good. So these 5-6 year old guns are already showing signs of wear whereas 40year old 604’s generally just need a £6 set of seals if not working and maybe a coat of paint if badly worn. The old 604’s definitely had more hand finishing on the internals. Where there are breakages on the 604’s it’s usually the top cover where it sweeps up over the grip and that is usually as a result of being dropped." sgibbar

"Never used a 604, but had shocking experience with a 6004, poor consistency, pellet fussy, poor build quality, replaced it with a Gamo Compact which after spending about £5 on some files, wet&dry and some time to fettle trigger was everything the 6004 should have been for 1/3 of the price" clipper.

"I had a 604 years ago, that's why I bought a 6004, it was supposed to be an updated 604. Mine went in the bin. Tiny steel screws into soft aluminium, glass rear sights etc. The final nail in the coffin was the bracket that holds the barrel in the over- lever. It kept coming loose and letting the barrel move back failing to seal against the breech seal.
    Nipped it up a few times and the tiny bolts stripped. There's not enough metal to drill out and re-tap for a bigger bolt so it was a write off.
    Never had a problem with the old 604." brusieboy

If you trawl back through the other 6004 threads that have been in this section previously you may find a few more comments of some interest.

Hope this helps.
    Candleman; I think this might answer your comment about reference sources.

BTW, Zooma, I. J. and myself have around 120+ years experience of pistol shooting at club, county and national level - we try to help other members on this forum as best we can. Unfortunately some are just born sceptics .
    Last edited by mikec4; 25-04-2021 at 11:02 AM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal