Thread: Fas 6004 v 604

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post
    I didn't buy it new and as it needed a new over-lever, the availability, if any, of which and cost would be prohibitive I imagine would be near what I paid for it. Looking online I've seen examples of the over-lever cracking with cocking
    I'd lost confidence in it so it had to go. When you think they actually cost half as much as the old 604 allowing for inflation I suppose you shouldn't really expect them to be as good, but then again you don't expect them to be so fragile either. I did like the look of it and how it handled though,
    It needs an improved alloy for the over-lever, thicker bolts for fastenings and a closer inspection of the finished article for fit and finish. Many won't even sight in for 10 metres, they shoot high, the elevation screw springs get coil bound. A change of springs cures it but it shouldn't be like that.

The cracking issue was a problem with the 604, which is being described as the better pistol and not the 6004.
    The latter addresses this with a slightly different design as was earlier pointed out.
    So it was a 604 that went into the bin and not the "inferior" 6004.
    Glad that's cleared up.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ing-For-Spares

Last edited by andyals; 21-05-2021 at 09:18 PM.