Thread: Fas 6004 v 604

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyals View Post
    I've just ordered a spare seal set for my 6004 and was assured that they were identical to the 604.
    I'm curious about this rear sight issue.
    This seems to be the main grudge against the 6004.
    Nothing has been mentioned about its overall reliability and accuracy and these are the things that interest me.
    I suspect Candle man is correct.
    The "new inferior to old" is an argument prevalent in many fields, especially motoring and it's usually unfounded.
    I've been using my 6004 for quite a while now and have not experienced one single issue.
    It certainly performs just as well as the 604 I owned in the late 80s.
    The rear sight on mine has undergone a series of adjustments without issue.
    Honestly I didn't mean to open a can of worms here and had no idea of the hostility I was going to be bombarded with simply for expressing an opinion.
    Based on my actual experience of owning and using this great pistol I'd say its equal to its predecessor in every way and is still the great target pistol it once was.
    I suspect the people who are going to spit nails at me for daring to suggest that do not have any ownership experience themselves.

When people have spent good money and found that their purchase was not as good as they hoped it would be, it is not surprising that they have a "grudge" or that they may wish to share their own experience to try to help other BBS members from suffering the same disappointment and possible financial loss.

Personally, I very much doubt that anyone on here would give any credibility to the "new inferior to old" argument just for the sake of it, and believe those that have been disappointed with their 6004 air pistols have a genuine and factual reason for saying so.

I am disappointed that anyone should be accused of BS for reporting their findings regarding their ownership experience with the 6004 air pistol. This is as bad as suggesting that they are inventing problems that don't exist.

It is not only the rear sight that has caused previous (and current) owners some concern. Premature "wear and tear" and failings associated with an unsuitable quality alloy are also a real concern.

Your personal experience with your own 6004 does tend to be at odds with most other 6004 owners who have not enjoyed such a good ownership experience, but it is genuinely good to hear from a long term user/owner who actually is happy with his purchase. How many years have you owned your 6004, and was it bought brand new or used?

The reason for asking this is because if yours is a more recently manufactured 6004, it would give some hope to the rest of us that would still like to buy one, as it would suggest that some (or all) of the problems that others have experienced may have been resolved.

Sharing the same seal kits is a bonus for those of us that may like to own the 6004 (and the 604) in the future, but it does not confirm that both pistols share the same internal parts - only that the sizes of the seals used in both may be the same?
    Last edited by zooma; 23-04-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    When people have spent good money and found that their purchase was not as good as they hoped it would be, it is not surprising that they have a "grudge" or that they may wish to share their own experience to try to help other BBS members from suffering the same disappointment and possible financial loss.

Personally, I very much doubt that anyone on here would give any credibility to the "new inferior to old" argument just for the sake of it, and believe those that have been disappointed with their 6004 air pistols have a genuine and factual reason for saying so.

I am disappointed that anyone should be accused of BS for reporting their findings regarding their ownership experience with the 6004 air pistol. This is as bad as suggesting that they are inventing problems that don't exist.

It is not only the rear sight that has caused previous (and current) owners some concern. Premature "wear and tear" and failings associated with an unsuitable quality alloy are also a real concern.

Your personal experience with your own 6004 does tend to be at odds with most other 6004 owners who have not enjoyed such a good ownership experience, but it is genuinely good to hear from a long term user/owner who actually is happy with his purchase. How many years have you owned your 6004, and was it bought brand new or used?

The reason for asking this is because if yours is a more recently manufactured 6004, it would give some hope to the rest of us that would still like to buy one, as it would suggest that some (or all) of the problems that others have experienced may have been resolved.

Sharing the same seal kits is a bonus for those of us that may like to own the 6004 (and the 604) in the future, but it does not confirm that both pistols share the same internal parts - only that the sizes of the seals used in both may be the same?
    The problem here is that literally nothing you said there can be backed up with citation so yeah I'm going to say it
    You are talking out of your arse.
    It's nothing to do with justifying ones own purchase.
    I'm a motorcyclist and hear the same oil crap spouted by boring old farts about Triumph bikes
    Oh the new one's aren't as good.
    Yes they are.
    Loads better.
    Using your logic, because I know a few people who had serious issues with Ford cars, all ford's are rubbish.
    I doubt very much you are talking from any real world experience
    You're whats known in biking terms as a bar stool road tester