Thread: BSA Mercury MK2 value?

BSA Mercury MK2 value?

I've just been given a .22 BSA Mercury MK2.

It it very good condition with original box, instructions and inspection certificate. Also includes a Kassnar 4x15 scope.

I was going to give it to my lad to learn to shoot but wondered what its value would be? I think it was made in '76.

Any steer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi without pictures hard to say but if it is boxed with the targets and oil and all the bits then i recon in todays market you could put £300 but in truth that is just the way it is right now in 6 months time the prices will drop once this covid is truely out the way , right now is a sellers market but it would get £200 no problem if good condition and as you say boxed

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe1966 View Post
    Hi without pictures hard to say but if it is boxed with the targets and oil and all the bits then i recon in todays market you could put £300 but in truth that is just the way it is right now in 6 months time the prices will drop once this covid is truely out the way , right now is a sellers market but it would get £200 no problem if good condition and as you say boxed
    Perfect thanks!

the last one i bought i paid 180 it was in decent nick

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Mercury's are a strange one to price, I've seen S models go for as little as £100 and standard models go for far less than that, I'd say you'd be looking at between £150-200 for yours, S models seem to be going for between £250-300 depending on condition and which mark (mk1 or 2) and if boxed etc.

The mk3 onwards had the adjustable breech bolt which helped stop barrel slop, the mk1&2 models had the dreaded pins and one piece cocking lever, so had the long slotted stocks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Mercury's are a strange one to price, I've seen S models go for as little as £100 and standard models go for far less than that, I'd say you'd be looking at between £150-200 for yours, S models seem to be going for between £250-300 depending on condition and which mark (mk1 or 2) and if boxed etc.

The mk3 onwards had the adjustable breech bolt which helped stop barrel slop, the mk1&2 models had the dreaded pins and one piece cocking lever, so had the long slotted stocks.

Pete
    Hi hte OP said in box and mk2 but you guys are right on prices but right now is the sellers market that gun will gon on guntrader and sell for 250 to 300 easy because i am not sure why but everyone and his borhter want a mercury right now .
    Like you say prices have been all over i brought a challenger for £40 and a 635 for £200 so go figure

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've seen S models go for as little as £100 and standard models go for far less than that, I'd say you'd be looking at between £150-200 for yours, S models seem to be going for between £250-300 depending on condition and which mark (mk1 or 2) and if boxed etc.

Pete
    Wish I could find one as have been after a good Mercury S for some time now.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

@Josie & John they are getting hard to find but prices right now are stupid , i will not pay silly over the top prices in a few months they will start to drop again .
    I will wait round

@Josie & John they are getting hard to find but prices right now are stupid , i will not pay silly over the top prices in a few months they will start to drop again .
    I will wait round
    I don’t understand how prices will drop, good ones are getting harder to find and I doubt they will produce any more
    Last edited by ken69; 19-04-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    I don’t understand how prices will drop, good ones are getting harder to find and I doubt they will produce any more
    people have ramped prices up during this lockdown because people are sat home money burning holes in their pockets and buying guns at over inflated prices plain and simple , ask the question to an open forum you will get the answer , sorry but these gunbsare not getting harder to find they are getting harder to get at a fiar price

People are cashing in watch in 6 months if it all stays open people will start selling at fairer prices when we can all travel round

people have ramped prices up during this lockdown because people are sat home money burning holes in their pockets and buying guns at over inflated prices plain and simple , ask the question to an open forum you will get the answer , sorry but these gunbsare not getting harder to find they are getting harder to get at a fiar price

People are cashing in watch in 6 months if it all stays open people will start selling at fairer prices when we can all travel round
    I suppose only time will tell