Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX200SR and Pro Elite question?

TX200SR and Pro Elite question?

Might sound like a daft question, but would anyone know which air rifle was produced by Air Arms in the biggest numbers? the TX200SR or the Pro Elite? and would the resulting lower production model be of more value?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio54 View Post
    Might sound like a daft question, but would anyone know which air rifle was produced by Air Arms in the biggest numbers? the TX200SR or the Pro Elite? and would the resulting lower production model be of more value?
    My guess would be that they made more Pro-elites but I don't think the production numbers would influence the value. Both were produced in small numbers and have loyal followings. For me I would say the SR is worth more based on it being more useable/designed for sub 12ftlb shooting. Others may prefer the Pro-elites and value them higher.

Why do you ask?

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

According to the excellent “air arms anorak” site, 1436 PEs and about 1500 SRs.

Which is odd, as, judging from the number I’ve seen on sale, I’d say the SR outnumbered the PE. Maybe PE owners hang on to them, or quite a few went abroad?

When you think about it, those are tiny numbers - no more than 200-250ish of each model made/sold a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

Which is odd, as, judging from the number I’ve seen on sale, I’d say the SR outnumbered the PE. Maybe PE owners hang on to them, or quite a few went abroad?

When you think about it, those are tiny numbers - no more than 200-250ish of each model made/sold a year.
    Talking of tiny numbers...according to Feinwerkbau only 180 Feinwerkbau mod 110 rifles were ever made (recoiling version of 150/300, without the sledge system)
    As it was a cheaper version of the 150 they were often bought as club guns and not particularly well looked after, which makes surviving examples pretty rare... that’s probably only of interest to fellow 110 owners though.

Back on topic....I’d love to shoot a TX200SR, maybe one day..

Matt

I had a TX200SR Sold it years ago but nobody wanted them because it was neither one thing or the other lovely gun but everyone into field target wanted a PC Tried everywhere to sell it (had a Uttings laminated thumbhole stock and every extra I could buy ! in the end I px-ed at a huge loss for a Webley Raider !
    Same with the Pro elite they couldn't give them away now they are both very collectable

Wish I had a Crystal ball I would have bought that 350 Gold Star for£60

I'd like to try a TX200SR. But to be honest it would have to go some to beat a Diana airking.all same I still wouldn't say no to owning one either.
    I own two PEs one in each calibre and they are a solidly built gun. I only learned of their low production numbers after picking both up.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Talking of tiny numbers...according to Feinwerkbau only 180 Feinwerkbau mod 110 rifles were ever made (recoiling version of 150/300, without the sledge system)
    As it was a cheaper version of the 150 they were often bought as club guns and not particularly well looked after, which makes surviving examples pretty rare... that’s probably only of interest to fellow 110 owners though.

Back on topic....I’d love to shoot a TX200SR, maybe one day..

Matt
    Same, I think, goes for things like DST Walther 53/55s.

Let alone some of the lesser customs like the WBPS Marauder (Annie 335 based).

It’s worse when stuff was reviewed in the mags, featured in books, and widely advertised, but with few actual takers.

For example, I really wanted a Theoben SLR88 Ultra Carbine when I definitely couldn’t afford one. Later I sort of assumed that I’d be able to find one. But, while I stand to be corrected, it turns out for that something featured and advertised in AGW etc for months, they only made/sold about twenty five.

Similarly, I would still give my first-born child or at least his organs for a Venom BSF Bavaria, but, again, only around fifty (?) or less ever existed.

The SR comes from that weird 1988-1994 transition period between springers and PCPs, when PCPs were expensive and distrusted by many, air cartridges were still a (bad but interesting) thing, and some makers (Titan, PH, AirLogic) were pushing full-power SSPs. The SR and the Park were in that game too.

We all now know that PCPs won that race, but that wasn’t clear in 1990. My betting then was on the SSP, particularly the Titan Mohawk. Completely wrong. Same logic appplies to the SR, Park, etc. Why lug around a huge heavy recoilless springer when you could use a 7lbs PCP?

By contrast, the PE was just an HW80 on steroids for the export (US) market. Where it did not succeed. Sadly.

I didn't think to look there, good call.

It seems my guess about production numbers was wrong 😮

Anyway, I would still be interested in knowing why the OP is posing the question?

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I didn't think to look there, good call.

It seems my guess about production numbers was wrong 😮

Anyway, I would still be interested in knowing why the OP is posing the question?

Rich.
    Maybe unrelated but there is an SR in the sales thread.

Same, I think, goes for things like DST Walther 53/55s.
    I don’t know, I’ve seen a couple on that German auction site, and about 6 months ago there were two DST’s up for sale at the same time. Didn’t get one though.
    Only seen one tatty 110 for sale in the last four years...

As you say I’m not sure where the SR would fit in as a shooter, couldn’t use it in recoiling HFT and probably not good enough to compete in the open class.

Nice collectible though.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I had a TX200SR Sold it years ago but nobody wanted them because it was neither one thing or the other lovely gun but everyone into field target wanted a PC Tried everywhere to sell it (had a Uttings laminated thumbhole stock and every extra I could buy ! in the end I px-ed at a huge loss for a Webley Raider !
    Same with the Pro elite they couldn't give them away now they are both very collectable

Wish I had a Crystal ball I would have bought that 350 Gold Star for£60
    I have three goldstars

Matt,

(As you say I’m not sure where the SR would fit in as a shooter, couldn’t use it in recoiling HFT and probably not good enough to compete in the open class. )

They can be used for FT as they are classed as “Piston class”, when this Pandemic thing is over you can have a go of mine,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVALI View Post
    Matt,

(As you say I’m not sure where the SR would fit in as a shooter, couldn’t use it in recoiling HFT and probably not good enough to compete in the open class. )

They can be used for FT as they are classed as “Piston class”, when this Pandemic thing is over you can have a go of mine,
    Dave.
    Hi Dave, yes please...I didn’t know you had an SR.

I had read that ‘semi recoiling’ springers can be used in FT in the springer class.
    I know in Germany a lot of shooters use low power match rifles like the 300s or Diana 65/75 in FT & HFT, probably has something to do with their sub 6ftlbs law?
    I’m assuming the SR is full power.

When I get round to it I’ll do an accuracy comparison to my FWB 150 & 110. Identical rifles but one has the sledge system and one doesn’t. I’d be interested to see the difference. My prediction is that a good springer shooter wouldn’t see a huge difference, but a PCP only shooter would.... one day.

I shoot in HFT springer class and I’m glad semi recoilers aren’t allowed.

Cheers,
    Matt

Of the 1436 Elites produced 907 of them were .22 and 529 were .177..57 of the 1436 had walnut stocks.....806 were exported which left only 630 uk rifles