Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TX200SR and Pro Elite question?

Pro elite

Of the 57 in walnut. Does anyone know that break down in cals? Ie 30 in .22 and 27 in .177. Mach 1.5

PE

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    Of the 1436 Elites produced 907 of them were .22 and 529 were .177..57 of the 1436 had walnut stocks.....806 were exported which left only 630 uk rifles
    Fascinating stats... never realised that so many of them went abroad, I suspect to the USA as the PE has the capacity for higher power output than the TX200SR. Mach 1 also raises an interesting question with regard to caliber's and original walnut stocks. its not hard to see now with so few of them available that they have become more collectible over the ensuing years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Of the 57 in walnut. Does anyone know that break down in cals? Ie 30 in .22 and 27 in .177. Mach 1.5
    Air Arms were unable to provide this Paul.

If you use the same ratio as the total number produced it results in 22 walnut Pro Elites in .177.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

Airarms should make a new Pro elite but 3" shorter and 3lb lighter and call it the pro little😂😂

Dave.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I'd like to try a TX200SR. But to be honest it would have to go some to beat a Diana airking.all same I still wouldn't say no to owning one either.
    I have both in .177. The TX200SR feels nicer in its smaller proportioned mk2 stock and is (almost) manageable as an every day springer. The Airking, although just as "practically" recoilless, is better suited to shooting with a bipod and goes off with what seems like an awful lot of mechanical activity and noise. I love them both, but the TX is just a bit more refined.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymoo View Post
    ..806 were exported which left only 630 uk rifles
    only 629 actually... I just exported my own
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I have this TX200SR in a factory left hand walnut stock. It's a heavy old piece, very satisfying to shoot and extremely well built.
    I have a pdf of the owners manual if anybody would like a copy just message me with your email.

[IMG]Air Arms TX200SR Mk2 Left Handed by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Air Arms TX200SR Mk2 Left Handed 1 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mods please can we ban pictures of lovely left-handed rifles I will never own it is just too cruel!!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I had a TX200SR Sold it years ago but nobody wanted them because it was neither one thing or the other lovely gun but everyone into field target wanted a PC Tried everywhere to sell it (had a Uttings laminated thumbhole stock and every extra I could buy ! in the end I px-ed at a huge loss for a Webley Raider !
    Same with the Pro elite they couldn't give them away now they are both very collectable

Wish I had a Crystal ball I would have bought that 350 Gold Star for£60
    Yep know what you mean, I bought a Pro elite years ago, it took ages to sell and I think it went for about £150 posted in the end, I think at one point they where being sold for about £210 new before they where discontinued.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Yep know what you mean, I bought a Pro elite years ago, it took ages to sell and I think it went for about £150 posted in the end, I think at one point they where being sold for about £210 new before they where discontinued.

Pete
    I got my P/E for £220 +postage from Youngmans sporting guns,when they were being discontinued.
    It was replacing a Pro/sport that I could not get on with.
    I thought at the time £220 for the P/E was very good value.
    I bought my second P/E a few years later ,it cost a bit more but it’s a factory walnut in .177.
    Les..

I bought a walnut Pro elite for little money years a ago but moved it on did I regret selling it well no because it was just awfull to shoot under 12ftb thinks that's why they just didn't sell very well they were just to big and heavy and their were much better guns around at the time that shot well at uk limits, its a shame AA didn't make it for the uk 12ftb market with a reduced stroke and a smaller piston spring cylinder etc, it probably would have been a world beater.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    I bought a walnut Pro elite for little money years a ago but moved it on did I regret selling it well no because it was just awfull to shoot under 12ftb thinks that's why they just didn't sell very well they were just to big and heavy and their were much better guns around at the time that shot well at uk limits, its a shame AA didn't make it for the uk 12ftb market with a reduced stroke and a smaller piston spring cylinder etc, it probably would have been a world beater.

Dave.
    I agree they don’t perform best at the 12 ftb limit in standard tune.
    I have the reduced cylinder conversion in my guns, after having my Hw80 done.
    They perform much better and are a joy to use.
    They are a big heavy springer, that’s why I like them ldwink.
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the one I have over here is a pussy cat at ~20 FP, and very accurate; easy to shoot too. Loves FAPs.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.